Background Image

not a bug report

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Neuroactive, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Scales Neuroactive Arkhona Vanguard

Just want to know how often or how many other people are getting the hard-freeze where you can't alt-tab out of the game or move the mouse out of the window
    ...or ctrl-alt del
    I've gotten it about 6 out of the past 11 games, and reinstalled the game completely last night?
  2. Celestia Celestia Prefectus

I've had crashes but not that.
  3. Scales Neuroactive Arkhona Vanguard

want to rule out whether it's just me via install, or whether there are similar hardware between people that have found this issue.
    Only one of my friends that play out of 3 have experienced it.
  4. Wiawyr Wiawyr Deacon

I've only had the complete CPU hang once, where everything is unresponsive and had to be manually restarted. Frequently, every 3 out of 4 matches, I'll crash with the video frozen, audio looped, and mouse focus stuck; when that happens I have to alt-tab to task manager on another monitor and navigate with the arrow keys to kill the process.

Somewhat more infrequently I get a regular crash that launches the crash reporter, but that's maybe 1 in 16 crashes.
  5. Scales Neuroactive Arkhona Vanguard

It sounds like I'm having the first issue, cause youtube audio also usually stops when it's on my second monitor.
    (and ram/cpu is nowhere near 100% while running any of it, so it's not very much of a toaster issue)
  6. Wiawyr Wiawyr Deacon

Something I've noticed recently is YouTube (and flash by extension) screwing around with the directdraw drivers when it's active. This has been becoming a problem for several games where I was doing the same thing you are, resulting in stuttering performance and oddities when it didn't happen a few months ago. I never listen to music when I'm playing EC though (too busy try-harding with comms and listening for enemy sounds) so I don't know what the interaction between EC and flash is like.
  7. Scales Neuroactive Arkhona Vanguard

that's a good idea I will try it out.
  8. Scales Neuroactive Arkhona Vanguard

Nope that makes 7 outta the last 11 games I've had to unplug my computer and turn it back on to get anything to work.
    Game is completely unplayable, which is incredibly annoying since I usually get around 20-5
    I had literally all programs off except EC and steam and there's no in-game similarity for causing it.
    driving while turning, getting melee'd in the back, crouching, jumping a rail.
    ugh, apologies for the complaint thread..
  9. Wiawyr Wiawyr Deacon

I haven't found any reliable cause for that crash either, happens almost on a different action each time for me. Sorry to hear flash wasn't your culprit, that would have been too painless right?
  10. Scales Neuroactive Arkhona Vanguard

Naturally. I wont lie to being addicted to the game but I'll just wait till the next update I guess and hope it works.