Background Image

Nobz And Their Roles In Ec

Discussion in 'Orks' started by Big-Snazz, Jan 20, 2015.

1. 3rd or 4th edition.
  2. Ya was 3rd edition they changed that, as was when I got into 40k, which was released in like 1998 so when you talk about 17 years being a recent change that sounds a bit off
    Corphy likes this.
  3. Kaazid GarySharp Well-Known Member

It's been a while, So I was probably thinking back too far, I still remember the old melee system involving crits, fumbles and parries.
  4. Sleepylion Sleepylion Well-Known Member

Like Patrick said, premium players can be either Boyz, Nobz or Boss. Basic classes will be Boyz, you have to pay resource to play as Nobz and Boss surely. So stat difference will definitely be a thing.
  5. no. payed players are ALL assumed to be nobz. and nobz are not their own class. a payed player is a nob stormboy, a free player is a boy stormboy. etc.
  6. Tarl68 TARL68 Arkhona Vanguard

the whole Pay2Nob concept sounds very risky

I thought the whole idea behind the Free2Waagh was to give people a free restricted trial of EC,

making the Free2Waagh play boys and the paying players all be nobs screams pay2win and will only alienate the huge potential Free2Waagh population this games success unfortunately hinges upon,

unless they make the boys and the the nobs basically equal in stats (which would probably infuriate everyone lol) this is a huge divergance from their long stated goals and a terrible mistep
  7. Rikamar Rikamar Well-Known Member

I agree with Tarl in that it does sound risky but I'll wait to see how orks work in-game, particularly with their WAAAGH buff that has been mentioned, before jumping to conclusions.

Though until I actually see or hear otherwise from Brent, I still think Nobs are the Veteran upgrade for classes (spend RP per spawn to increase load out points limit which will also change visual appearance). What else would fit a veteran role for orks other than Nobs?
  8. Sleepylion Sleepylion Well-Known Member

Next time, before going spelling nonsense, please read the thread first.

Quote from Patrick:
    Moreover, if you take a look at the basic classes thread and F2W program, you'll also find out that the proposed classes for PREMIUM and free Ork are as following:
    - PREMIUM Ork: Shoota (Final name TBD), Loota (Final name TBD), Stormboy, Painboy.
    - Free Ork: Shoota, Loota, Choppa Boy.

There is no such thing as a Nob Stormboy, you're either a Boy or a Nob, or a Boss. And it would be ridiculous if everyone started as a Storm Nob.

No, not even paid players can start out as a Nob, they will start out as a Boy with more progression choice, Nob will be more along the line of Veteran and Exarch. Seriously, does nobody read Patrick post?

Miguel made multiple examples about F2W Boyz in his interview with Elysium gaming. 1 of them was that if he has a strike force, his SF will consist of Nobz, Premium Boyz and free Boyz. Then he went on talking about how he would make those free Boyz listen to him.

Ork Boy isn't small or weak, a Boy is bigger than a SM and just as tough. 1 swing of his axe can pierce through power armor easily. SMs don't win against Orkz by rushing in melee with them, they set up firing range and demolish them from afar, and they have good reason for that too. Rushing in melee with Orkz is as risky as boarding a Space Hulk in normal power armor, chance is that you'll die pretty quickly. And a Nob is even bigger than an Ork and many times stronger too, most SM won't even win in hand to hand combat with a Nob.
    Big-Snazz and BikerTroll like this.
  9. thats simply...not true.
    space marines are just as big, if not bigger than boys. they don't shred through power armor as fast as genestealers. Space Marines have been shown to obliterate orks in melee, and be on par with nobs, COUNTLESS times in lore. Granted, this doesn't work for game balance, but your last paragraph is trying to make lore fit the way the game should be balanced, which is not how it should be.

edit: I'm not arguing with the other stuff you said by the way. I have read the thread and misunderstood what patrick said.
    in regards to lore, if what you said was the case with space marines, they would be..well, not worth maintaining.
  10. Okay and also to counter act what you are saying ..... Did you read Ork lore. Alot of boyz moved up in the ranks because they can kill a space marine. Whatever view you look is the most powerful. If you look at SM they can singlehandly kill a nob in close combat and then 49 others. if you look at it from an Ork view 1 nob can kill a squad of LSMs.
    Also almost nothign basic level destorys power armor as fast as genestealers do.
    Shhh dont tellpeople this they will ignore it and twist the words thinking they got something greater and then whine and bitch when there false expectation ain't what they imagine what they be