Background Image

noahleaks 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Silfarion, May 29, 2017.

1. LOBOTRONUS LOBOTRONUS Arch-Cardinal

2. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

With all the melta guns and grav guns already using a semi flamer mechanic i find the whole comment about how it will be hard yadda yadda when 20m ppl all shooting yadda yadda kinda bullshit.

So he is essentially saying if we all take a melta or grav or fusion weapon we will crash the game ? LOL
    Who's up for testing that ?
    Zarbustibal likes this.
  3. Judasilfarion Silfarion Drill Abbott

It's not the blaze mechanic that causes lag, it's the mass flame VFX and the damage box collision model that causes lag
  4. I don't get it...
    I mean... what has the server to do with all this?
    The flamer-Cone can be just like the Hitbox of the Banshee scream for the server, checking every X ticks if someone is inside and we are good to go.

Can't imagine why this would cause such a huge ammount of lag?

The VFX are hopefully only client side, cause why would the server be bothered to render the whole game in all it's beauty (?) when the server really only needs hitboxes, hitscans and projectiles that fly around?

Sure, for the client it can get laggy, but i guess it's your fault if playing on a pimped potatoe instead of a gaming system, and even then a short graphic slider "Flaming effects Off/on" would solve that (Either you get particles or only a texture telling you that this guy shoots his flamer)

Other games have done it, and are a lot more beautiful then Eternal Delayed,
    So my only question is this:
  5. Noromiz Noromiz Nickname Change

I certainly hope the Flamers aren't exclusive to the vehicles, as the Fire Dragon (and Eldar in general) are already limited in their weapon selection so removing the Flamer from their "potential weapon list" wouldn't be good.
  6. Even if that's minimised for most clients (and/or there's potato settings), they could still really bugger up hit detection. The TF2 flamer still to this day is not as it really should be. I'm trying to find a fanmade dev-document that shows how particles should be done, it was made in mid 2016 or so but my google-fu is not strong right now. I keep getting chucklefucks bitching about irrelevant stuff.

I recall it being excellent and having a webpage styled after a TF2 class update, and it should be used to inform how the flamers will work here IF ONLY I COULD FIND THE CUNT

I can explain part of the problem; the hitboxes and particles are misaligned to a great deal, partially contributing to just not hitting the thing you (from your perspective) are clearly roasting alive. Another part may have been how particles and hitboxes do or do not bounce off the environment, but without the source I'm only gonna be spinning my wheels trying to explain.

Suffice it to say, BE need to be efficient with hit detection, geo collision, particles and particle streams else we're just gonna have someone ADADing around a flamer tank.
  7. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

Couldn't the old Predators have Heavy Flamers in an earlier edition? I think 2nd.
  8. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

vindicator lasdestroyer.... that's just pure death incarnate
  9. Necromancer Rivindesh Subordinate

Im not jumping on this hype train yet. I was let down with elites and I don't intend to relive the experience. Still nice to hear that they are working on new things for everyone though.
    Cyberjankie and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  10. Noromiz Noromiz Nickname Change

If that Laser Destroyer is anything like the other Tank Hunter ingame, then it will probably deal 1/3rd of the total HP of a Predator as damage per shot and have a range limited to 100 meter :D