Background Image

No Twitch June 23 & 30

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by KatieFleming, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Hottabuch Hotab Arkhona Vanguard

Well... At least you communicate. I appreciate that
  2. Grotduffa Timburwolfe Active Member

Is marketing to Russia likely to bring in enough people or funding that you could expand the team down the line and break out of the bottleneck? Unless you're doing it to try to increase the player could to get more people involved in the in-game campaigns, I don't think it's viable, especially if most of the Russians you'd be bringing in would be the poorer folk who might not be able to afford squadron edition. Toss the idea around a little longer before y'all decide on it, but it seems like y'all are trying to get some of those unused assets into the game, and that could help.
    Firskon and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  3. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

I dont think they are expecting much actual money from the Russian market, i think they are betting on the idea that they will get enough people in Russia interested in playing the F2P element so that the game isnt actually having population issues and the paying customers arent sitting in hour long queues. And in doing so buying time to actually put out content at the only pace they can (slow, due to the team size).

But heres to hoping its more then that, and it ends up raking in dosh as well (and in turn expanding the team, ffs a team needs an animator, UI and a VFX guy badly!).
    Dark-Knight and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  4. Grotduffa Timburwolfe Active Member

Which is why I suspect the marketing will coincide with the new campaigns, since getting more players so that people can actually get into the game and form opinions on whether or not things might be looking up. If he can manage to make the game fun to play again, he might pull in enough people to justify expanding the team down the line.
  5. Horus Firskon Cipher

I'm from Russia. I have invested in this game more than 150 dollars. What did I get? Nothing. Canadian developers are similar to russian politicians. They promise a lot, they take money, but do not do anything.
    Gravord and Vaanes like this.
  6. Grotduffa Timburwolfe Active Member

To be fair, for the most part it is not the dev team at fault here. Dead by Daylight became an overnight sensation, and that almost certainly led the executives to downsize the EC team in favor of upsizing the DBD team. That the remaining team has managed to keep the game more or less afloat despite that is respectable, though lately it may seem like we're dropping people left and right. Realistically, I don't think that's entirely true, but the team is beginning to lose the interest of content creators, who could do the marketing for them if there was more non-cosmetics related content to market the game on. Things like new maps, new vehicles, new classes, perhaps most of all. Dark Apostles/Acolytes (providers of combat buffs and wielder of daemon weapons that vary depending on their chosen mark or lack thereof. Noticably more durable than the other classes, perhaps with 120 base toughness, but lacks ranged weapons beyond some special abilities of certain daemon weapons and cannot capture objectives.) for Chaos, Librarians (Psykers with a focus on remembering the past and foretelling the future; Could be a support unit with Mindscan as a passive and Veil of Time as a more powerful active version. For combat spells, Smite and Might of the Ancients, with the option to trade his pistol for Iron Arm as an equivalent to the Storm Shield that only blocks Melee attacks. Could take on a protective role against vehicles or infantry with Machine Curse, causing weaponry with heat bars to begin overheating, which is exacerbated when said weapon is firing) for LSM, Weirdboyz (Entirely offensive psykers for Orks; give some more buffing potential to the Painboyz to make up for that. Perhaps their abilities do more damage and their warp regen is faster depending on how many fellow Orks are nearby). For the most part, EC is an infantry game and most of a player's time is predominantly spent on foot. Liven up the experience with new toys, would ya?
    Firskon likes this.
  7. KidMeatball KidMeatball Steam Early Access

This thread is awful.

Its no wonder the devs arent talking to us when all we do is tell them they are not allowed vacation. We sit here flinging electric shit all day. Who would want to engage with a community like ours?
  8. You gotta ask yourself how did it get to this? I could go on to mention the neverending list of disappointments and false hope but you know about this.

The community is disappointed and are slowly coming to terms with this huge letdown.
    Vaanes, Spock, Gravord and 3 others like this.
  9. KidMeatball KidMeatball Steam Early Access

I don't really get the whole dissappointment thing. Believe it when its in the patch notes.
  10. IshanDeston Ecaja Steam Early Access

You don't need to start marketing to Russia without even having a Russian server. The ping from Moskau to the EU server is most likely above 250, i'd even assume over 350, and from having experienced that ping in this game, i have to say that half the game doesn't work with that ping.

This is also why we need a SEA server... this game is near unplayable with the ping you'd get trying to play on the US or EA server from Asia... and that is a huge market. And all you need is 5 people to come and play, see the abmyssal ping, write a review about it and you'll not see anyone else from that region. All it needs is one sentence "No SEA server".

We need at least 2 more servers before any marketing could even hope to bear fruit. All you do is run potentially customers out of the door...