Background Image

No Jumping In The Game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vile, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Vile Vile Menial

Aside from classes like assault and raptor, is there no basic jump function in the game to clear minor obstacles or hop over small gaps in the terrain?

I was watching one of the gameplay videos and one of the developers got stuck inbetween a bunch of very small crates, didn't seem to have the ability to hop out and had to redeploy instead.
  2. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

old declaration say no jump but really old. no idea if they changed idea.
    Vile likes this.
  3. The roll mechanic looks like it makes you jump a bit, so I'd be surprised if it isn't there at all.
    Vile likes this.
  4. I was able to jump during the play test as far as I can remember. Certain classes can climb up on terrain as well.
    Ideas_McGee, Iyan, Vile and 1 other person like this.
  5. Sleepylion Sleepylion Well-Known Member

Well, according to Brent, they're making mapping so that your character can vault over any obstacle. And with no jumping, they know they need to design the map in a way so you won't get stuck.
    Vile likes this.
  6. Why?
    Its unnecessary and just leads to bunny hopping.

Jumping over cover, onto obstacles, rolling/dodging seems to do the trick.
  7. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

it's bunny hoopping only if they don't put a cooldown on the jump, it's impossible to make a perfect map where players are unstuckable better give some method for the player to free for minor issue, or the game is all /unstuck "please kill me i'm stuck"
    The_Dokta and Vile like this.
  8. Crioxus Arigulius Crioxus Arkhona Vanguard

In Defiance, PVP, people jumping in the air loop like kangaroos is a ridiculous.
    Here, if you get stuck, perhaps there will be a command, such as "/unstuck" to unlock.
    As said above, to spend some objects, the character can climb, climb, or pass over with animation.
    Vile likes this.
  9. So you were a youtuber right?
    Vile likes this.
  10. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

no he was one of the fan to visit them.
    TheEasterplatypus and Vile like this.