Background Image

Night Lord Design

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by Two_Face, May 11, 2014.

?

How scary should Night-Lords be?

1. 0 Scaries

8 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. 1 Scary

3 vote(s)
    1.0%
  3. 2 Scaries

5 vote(s)
    1.7%
  4. 3 Scaries

13 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. 4 Scaries

5 vote(s)
    1.7%
  6. All the scaries!

265 vote(s)
    88.6%
  1. Tyrant Tyrant Prefectus

Maybe the heavies can get a scaled down version. And I don't mean full stealth all of the time to the point where its a crutch, but every faction should have something iconic. NL some form of stealth AL maybe can make them selves look like the enemy for a short time just things that aline with the lore.
  2. Rexipher Rexipher First Blood!

Stealth? Pfff... What do you think the wings are for?
    [​IMG]
  3. Mhorge Mhorge Curator

There really isn't much point linking a thumbnail to a picture without a link to the full sized picture imo.

Incidentally I'm sure that everyone noticed that in the second twitch stream the picture for the CSM was a WIP for a Night Lord. Yay Bat wings will be in the game too. I'm probably more interested in how they'll do the lightning effect, but for game performance they'll probably just make it part of the armour texture.
  4. Rexipher Rexipher First Blood!

You can right click and show image to get a full view.
  5. Mhorge Mhorge Curator

Saweet, I did not actually know that.
  6. KillSlim KillSlim Prefectus

iESCAPISM likes this.
  7. Rexipher Rexipher First Blood!

Now you know. ^-^
    And knowing is half the battle!
    iESCAPISM and Gottar_Krakdskull like this.
  8. Calieus Calieus Subordinate

G.I JOE!

(Crap re-makes but what-o)
  9. Paaatreeeck Paaatreeeck Subordinate

i'm gonna be perfectly happy playing as NL as long as they look awesome and have a piercing shriek that you can trigger while charging into combat. i'm sure that taunts will be in the game, so if they simply change the NL taunt to dat scary shriek i'll be very happy.

too make them additionally and exponentially more awesome however, if there was some way of triggering that insanely awesome lightning-hologram when attacking that would be amazing! It think it would work pretty well as a visual effect that gets triggered passively on raptors after they land with their jump packs, and it would be damn scary for any enemy unfortunate enough to be close to him ;)
  10. Borys of Ebe Borys Subordinate

Maybe not honour but pride brother...

"I was there as well, Xarl. We were the weapon humanity needed us to be. I cherish those memories, when entire worlds would surrender the moment they learned it was the Eighth Legion in orbit. Whether the Emperor demanded it of the primarch, we may never know. But we were that weapon, brother. I take pride in that."
    (Mercutian to Xarl, Legionaries of the 8th Legion)

As to bat wings, definitely ceremonial in the new lore... ADB's lore which trumps all that came before it. Before ADB the NLs were fairly ridiculous. After ADB... well there is a reason that they are the most popular traitors at the moment. No bat wings for me, but there is absolutely a place for them as a reward. Mark V forever!
    vampire_dio and Bajinda like this.