Background Image

Night Lord Design

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by Two_Face, May 11, 2014.

?

How scary should Night-Lords be?

1. 0 Scaries

8 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. 1 Scary

3 vote(s)
    1.0%
  3. 2 Scaries

5 vote(s)
    1.7%
  4. 3 Scaries

13 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. 4 Scaries

5 vote(s)
    1.7%
  6. All the scaries!

265 vote(s)
    88.6%
  1. So here is basically how I imagine Nightlords:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
  2. Now imagine that the tunderbolts aren painted, but actuall warp energy, somewhat like that:[​IMG]

Sorry for the Postingspamming, I whish I could insert more than 2 images per post
    Galen likes this.
  3. Bob Well-Known Member

The artwork for ADB's Night Lords series is phenomenal.
    Borys, Galen, Alchy and 1 other person like this.
  4. Baygle Baygle Well-Known Member

I'd love it if they could make every group within each faction a little bit more detailed so that they can be a little bit more unique. It'd be a shame should I decide to play a different Legion for example because the Night Lords don't stand out enough.

Also, scary!
    talosepic.jpg
    Alchir, Iralius and HairyHeretic like this.
  5. Laanshor Laanshor Well-Known Member

I don't hate the wings when used sparingly. Blood Dragon vamp models look thematically similar but much freakier.

Also FW terror squad helms are nifty . Night Raptors on that page are also scarier than the full GW helms just imo. Flayed skin works.
    Alchir, Baygle and HairyHeretic like this.
  6. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Personally i think noone should be degraded to using the new version of the raptors, but thats just me.
    Whiskey, Baygle and Bladerunner like this.
  7. These are what I want to see. The FW helmets are a good look.
  8. This sort of brings something else up that would be awesome - scavenged gear/trophy gear.

I love the concept of the piratical/scavenger nature of the Night Lords - especially Talos with Aurum. Be really cool if there was an option for Night Lords to use weapons that are thematically fitting with their Legion, or ones that fit with another Legion.
    Borys likes this.
  9. Soltarn Necrosis First Blood!

If they're not terrifying enough to cause an enemy player to have a mini-seizure when a Night Lord's Raptor smashes in front of him and starts smacking his face in, I will be sad.