Background Image

Nice video

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ruititadiogo, May 24, 2018.

1. Popoolo ruititadiogo Steam Early Access

2. Krayt Krayt Preacher

3. LucianNostra Well-Known Member

*clicks video*
    *Sees 23 minutes*
    *Closes video before it even starts*

Yeah...
    Deathwish likes this.
  4. Popoolo ruititadiogo Steam Early Access

This is a normal player video, with the normal game and good normal gameplay.

This is what new players must expect from the game.

We can't all be or won't be Leroys.~

And I really enjoyed this dude video and melee was a nice battle.

M.
  5. Mauf DrMauf Subordinate

Alright, let's go over this...

General points first:
    • Impressive performance considering you play with an Xbox controller... -> Seriously, WTF? You're limiting yourself in so many ways with that thing...
    • Brofist... yeah.. no. Don't half-ass. If you make an AV loadout, get the melta gun + melta bomb tacticool. It's perfectly useable with your controller too... *yuck*
    • Positioning. Probably one of the most common errors I see in every faction. If you melee, you need to position yourself at an 90° angle towards your team mates. You keep meleeing with your buddies in your back. That denies them the ability to help you and begs for friendly fire. When in melee and you got buddies with you, rotate around the enemy
    • Executing... Don't be an executey. Especially out in the open where you stand still and every AC in a 3 mile radius smells that animation on you. Finish them with normal attacks, pistol or grenade if need be.
    On to the main course:
    2:30 - Wrong approach. You dropped into the middle of the room, far away from any cover. You also didn't notice the bad guy in the corner at the stairs. He was the biggest threat because he was the least exposed of all of them and you were in a good position to engage him, especially as he was firing at your friend on the upper floor to your left.
    3:27 - You have a room full of CSM spread around it... and you dash RIGHT in the middle of it, wide open from every angle. I guess the Codex Retardes approves this action:) Go in from the side window and attack the people on the stairs. It's a prime camping position and less open to crossfire.
    3:51 - Brofist... just no unless your name is Jencent
    4:21 - Same as 3:27. We have a room with braced heavies spread around the corners at higher level... Let's charge right into the middle!
    5:08 - Banneradds... really?
    5:18 - This is where you need a mouse for aiming and your pistol. You had a situation where you ran for melee with enemies that knew you were there in your back. This is where you should drop a few bullets at the enemy and trust your teammate to handle the rest while you take care of the bastards coming from the room. The way you played it, you only got shot in the back.
    6:24 - Minor gripe but: Being an Executey again:p This is an enemy point, you would be more constructive covering a capper by watching the doorways.
    7:10 - Call for aid at A. A was the last point with extra time on it and C was being watched by a teammate already. Redeploy would have been a better option especially since CSM already had a pretty thick time buffer with their 10 mins.
    7:46 - Running to A by foot and starting to zerg in the open. Also way too late for you to reach A in any effective manner.
    8:33 - Ran straight to the cap terminal. The cap was fresh so there was enough time to check the upper floor. Ranged love to sit there and shoot people who go for the cap terminal.
    12:28 - Dbashing while there is an enemy ranged about. That's like telling him "Here, shoot me, I'm ripe!". While a bad situation overall, you could have retreated backwards, trying to line the two of them up instead of facing them parallel.
    13:08 - Similar situation. Many enemies, you go straight into the middle of them. You should have stayed on the stairs, that way at least, they would have had a harder time shooting at you while you're meleeing.
    14:01 - Caught at range by a heavy on a ledge. Grenade -> Airburst or pistol and hope for a lot of misses from his end. Don't even try to reach him in melee.
    15:28 - Rezzing while being shot at.
    16:28 - Something positive for a change. That's a good approach working with cover.
    18:37 - Also good though the heavy didn't see you coming as you went up the ramp.
    20:45 - That's where you need: A. Your pistol and B. a mouse to aim with.
  6. Mauf DrMauf Subordinate

Ah, so it's not you playing. Still, this is what I would call far from normal gameplay. XBox controller in a shooter against mouse+keyboard. Melee only. This is not representative of anything.
    GrazewoundZeroLow likes this.
  7. Popoolo ruititadiogo Steam Early Access

Mauf I really think the video and your explanation of it should be a sticky in this forum for new players to see.
    And yes it's not me I do 70 kills for a game, I know how to "rollex" and "Nade trick"(new players look how to do it before you play) "To evade roll to a wall.".
    And yes the xbox controller is a must for melee many people use it.

And for a disclaimer, I just posted the video because I saw and I liked it. Period.
    GrazewoundZeroLow likes this.
  8. Popoolo ruititadiogo Steam Early Access

Joke immolator Joke.
  9. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Literally impossible
    Atsidas and GrazewoundZeroLow like this.
  10. Looks fairly average. I might have to record some of my melee gameplay...
    ruititadiogo likes this.