Background Image

New to LSM

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by Sneaky-krumpin, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Razmirth Sneaky-krumpin Subordinate

It is way easier! I still walk away with 25 kills on a rank 1 or 2 guy with basic loadouts. Lol. I just wanted some better loadouts to make it even easier. TBH I've found extended barrel is a nice, it helps you engage at a much longer range, enemies are pulp by the time they get to you, if they get to you.

I hate optics as well. Never use them. I don't like cheesing either.

Thank for the loadout share though, once I get all the mods I'll implement them.

All in all I find that my kill ratio is similar with Bolter tac, but my staying power is so much better. I don't need to play nearly as smart or careful as I do when I play avenger. It's not insulting LSM player base or anything, it's just the obvious truth. I can go through a game with like 8 deaths instead of 20, and achieve the same results. Much less frustrating!
    Faeruin likes this.
  2. Smorcest Elector Eternal Battles Moderator

Whatever you do never pick up a stormbolter, and don't use any grip other than textured grip
  3. SmurfKun Tamu Well-Known Member

And I find FD and Warlock yo be of similar things. I would not recommend the long barrel as while being range viable is nice with the cqc you can have similar if not better damage output then Storm bolter for less lp and most of the important things are inside hence its better to have cqc for that increased damage, if you need long range go las cannon or stalker.
    Also welcome to power armor and genetic inhancements via implants. Who would have tough that humans "primitive" tech was better after all! Heh. Any other advise you need?
  4. Razmirth Sneaky-krumpin Subordinate

Naw that sums it up great, you all were a good help. Now I just need to decide which chapter to start s d go from there! Thanks.
  5. Anvil The-Forge-Dragon Arkhona Vanguard

It may not be a tactical or jpa, but you may want to consider a storm shield and chainsword. It is basic, but if you take that, get a few mods for the chainsword like extra damage or lifesteal it can be pretty effective. Use your shield to soak up enemy bolter/shoota/catapult fire and close in on them. If you manage to survive their barrage they may need to reload. If you approach before they run out of ammo most will panic and dodge or try to dbash immediately. I've kept enemies in a flailing panic long enough to either receive backup or simply kill them by reducing them to melee when they are a ranged archetype. Stamina is more important that armor here, as is having an emergency medkit for a brother you save or yourself. Grenades can also help by forcing the enemy from a position of strength allowing you to advance.

As for JPA you have two options primarily. You can either armor yourself and attempt a low fuel heavy striking character, which I would suggest a mace for due to higher impact. Or you can try a fuel heavy agile build for which I suggest a sword.

Smart pistols are a boon to either, and while they may feel cheesey it is helpful for softening a target you are above while you are mid jump or just finishing off a target you evaded getting killed by. One of the most important tools to remember is that the jpa only warns an enemy of incoming ground slams from the moment you start it. Waiting until you are lower can have two effects; A ground slam with less warning, or a strike that rushes you towards the ground but lands like a sprint strike. I advocate the usage of the second over use of the first unless you want to telegraph your incoming attack to scatter an enemy force. Dodging backwards then tapping melee to do a sprint strike is also a very unusual and effective move if your opponent seems to favor heavy strikes.