Background Image

New PvE modes/maps?

Discussion in 'PVE Discussion' started by SniffSteven, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Imagine a Fortress map repurposed for the PvE. Defending it against a literal swarm of Tyranids as they try and assault it. Would need a lot better AI for them, and perhaps alternate spawn locations as they advance further and further into the Fortress.

Would be doable if they could get the AI to work and respond properly. Call it the Alamo, lol.
  2. Kalenath Kalenath Subordinate

I would HOPE it would end more like Rorke's Drift. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Rorke's_Drift

The Alamo didn't end so well for the defenders.
    GratLurking likes this.
  3. EX0DUS EX0DUS Prefectus

Repurposing existing maps for PvE would be awesome. Would make a lot of sense, really. I always sort of assumed that was what they were going to do. "Space marines are doing to well. well now they have to take harkus back from the tyranids." They could put a bit more effort into the AI rather than developing specific maps to use them on. And every new map could just have a PvE mode.
    Survival/extermination modes would make sense in all the maps.
  4. Noromiz Noromiz Nickname Change

We (I) really need a last stand mode, with an endless swarm of Nids arriving in steady waves.
  5. To carry on the thoughts for each new map having a corresponding PvE version for it.

Each time a new map is released, the various races must clear it X times in PvE before they access it in PvP. With the lead races in PvP being required to clear them an increased number of time based on how many territories they posses that places them in the lead, and the races that are furthest behind should have to complete them a lesser number of times based on how far they are from the leading races.

This would cause the races in the lead to have to play PvE more to gain access to the new areas, and give the chance for the races in the back to push forward and perhaps lessen the other races lead on territories.

They could then release new Steam achievements, for players that have completed 20+ of a specific map, that would give them access to custom titles or custom skins for appearances for everything from armor, trophies, weapons, outfits, etc.

On a side note this could be taken further, with say 5 PvE matches to unlock a random map for PvP. This could be good or very bad depending on the players point of view as some do not like PvE at all, which could have a negative impact on the game. SomImwould not recommend the Developers to pursue a similar path.
  6. No_1 No_1 Well-Known Member

Why dont they use pvp maps for pve?

Could be fun to cap points while hordes of tyranids spawns
  7. Hunter Tarrus TARINunit9 Well-Known Member

The PvPvPvPvE map is on the table, we know that much
  8. No_1 No_1 Well-Known Member

i guess tank battles is pvp only 2
  9. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind a PvE mode that pits a fully manned Predator against a Tyranid horde.
  10. No_1 No_1 Well-Known Member

Lets see the new Pve map they have made. I ´m not sure if it is coming the November content update.