Background Image

New Patch - FPS Tanking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Taldeer, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Taldeer Taldeer New Member

Who else is getting this? It seemed to be a lot on the match I was playing. It runs fine then, bang, 2-3 fps solid.

I think it has something to do with one of the Eldar visual effects. I first noticed it getting hit a a Shuriken Catapult.
  2. Redthirst Redthirst Eternal Battles Moderator

Yep, had the same issue. It seems like overall FPS dropped down this patch, but sometimes it would just drop into single digits all of the sudden.
  3. Ok, I am not the only one. The odd problem from long ago where it started making my game into powerpoint pdf is back.

My game is playable like 2 minutes after start of the match, than its dead for me. Cant play. Great.

I mean like - strong fps drops - 15-20 fps average when there are many people close.
  4. Redthirst Redthirst Eternal Battles Moderator

It seems to be the issue with Blackbolt and Olipsis. Pegasus runs fine, while those two maps have significant FPS drops.

Tagging @Houman just in case, though I also sent a support ticket.
  5. Atogrim New Member

Plays like a clipshow at the moment.
    Pretty terrible FPS drops.
  6. BasiliskEye Steam Early Access

It's pretty unplayable at the moment...
  7. Wallabe Wallabe Active Member

I have the opposite problem. I didn't even realize my FPS was low before, but now it's gone up so much the game feels too slippery, for lack of a better word, without being able to set mouse sensitivity.
  8. NurgleBurger NurgleBurger Steam Early Access

My porridg.. I mean FPS seems just right. Game is running smoother than ever although my computer suddenly seems louder than a friggen spacecraft in count down mode when playing now. Think I might have to invest in a better cooling device. :rolleyes:
  9. Scales Neuroactive Arkhona Vanguard

Same, slightly expected with putting out such a large patch and so many new maps and tweaks, to a server system that still doesn't have all the kinks smoothed out yet.
    They'll probably decrease map sizes slightly until they can start cleaning up the stuff that're causing FPS hangs.
  10. I'm getting about the same performance as before. Very playable when there are no other players around. :p In combat my framerates may or may not hold up. Sometimes they drop into the 20s and I start to have a pretty hard time winning engagements. But the game isn't optimized yet, (that is still a long way off) so I'm not so worried.