Background Image

New mode?

Discussion in 'PVE Discussion' started by Engineer-Omega, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Kalenath Kalenath Subordinate

Okay, good to know. Never had that happen last night. Always had at least 3.

If the scaling is not working, then we need to report it.
  2. It is indeed possible to start with 2 players:

However as has been mentioned it doesn't appear to scale. The time to activate points is far too short, the swarms are rather excessive at points and tossing a gaunt-supported Warrior on 2 Eldar who also are forced to remain in a small spot to hold an area seems like overkill.
  3. Kalenath Kalenath Subordinate

Yeah, just had a game that started with 2 and yes, it did not scale for that. That is a bug and I will report it.
    PrincessSkyheart likes this.
  4. dhellfox dhellfox Steam Early Access

i was referring to starting a game with a lesser number then three people. there's no further scaling for teams smaller than 3

you can still play but its most likely going to be a waste of your time.
  5. Attias Attias Prefectus

Tried it with an Apothecary and a Tac - the match started with just the 2 of us, but we were overwhelmed almost immediately. I wouldn't want to try it again with less than 3 people.
  6. Kalenath Kalenath Subordinate

Yeah, tried it several times last night with 2, got swarmed and obliterated despite good tactics.

I have won a single game with 2 people, but we had 3 at the start.
  7. I do actually wonder how Eldar are supposed to deal with a Warrior in 2-man version.
    The only powerfist equivalent is apparently going to be Exarch only and I don't see a single Reaper Launcher being enough to get the job done..
  8. Forever Dancing First Blood!

Eldar trickery that is all you need to know.
    Whitefox550 likes this.
  9. They haven't implemented the ability to trick another faction into attacking ahead of you so you can come in and steal victory once they've borne the brunt of the enemy's fire/stabpower.
  10. Pierre-Richard PeterRich Lead Level Designer

Just to make things more clear:

You can play 2 players but the scale is the same for 2-3 and for 4-5.
    What scales is the number of tyranids in normal / hard and in hard mode the timers also change.
    The warriors have a random chance of spawning in the normal mode (that might change), and in Hard mode the warriors spawn 100%.

Hope that make things more clear!
    No_1 likes this.