Background Image

New mode?

Discussion in 'PVE Discussion' started by Engineer-Omega, Nov 18, 2016.

1. It says there's a new PVE mode for 2-3 people....Where is it?
  2. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

I thought it was the same mode we've always had, only it lets you deploy with/scales to only 2-3 players rather than 5.
  3. Wulfburk Wulfburk Steam Early Access

4. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

From the content notes :

- PVE revamp! (New game mode activated for squads of 2-3 players, Complex Beta re-added + various tweaks to difficulty!)
    Whitefox550 likes this.
  5. dhellfox dhellfox Steam Early Access

still don't know why they enabled the ability to start with less than 3 players 90% time you wont make it past half way, the only thing I've noticed changed in scaling is the number of nids that spawn you face. the timers and cap speeds remain the same.

really hoped that they would have bothered to make scaling for 2 and solo players in the content update....
  6. Kalenath Kalenath Subordinate

According to Peter Rich, I believe the number of enemies that spawn are supposed to scale with the number of players present. I haven't seen that however.

I can confirm that fewer warriors spawn with 3 players than with 5 but I thought there was supposed to be more. I will ask.
  7. dhellfox dhellfox Steam Early Access

it stops scaling for anything below 3 (as in 2 players or solo will be treated as if there was 3 by scaling)
  8. Kalenath Kalenath Subordinate

Game isn't supposed to start without 3, so if you start with 3 and one drops, then yeah, it is going to get rough.

Still possible though. Beat it last night even with that happening.
  9. Forever Dancing First Blood!

I had a few games in a row with just two ppl so it starts no problem with two