Background Image

New maps please!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RageScreama, Mar 22, 2017.

1. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

Can we please get some new maps that aren't so massive? Maybe like just a really big warhouse with 4 or 5 floors. Just have a lot of cover and elevators and things that are fun in shooters. I'm honestly getting really tired of these fortress maps that are a nightmare to push because we can't have spawns closer to the back. I'm tired of maps like torias where I spend three minutes running only to get insta gibbed in the open by a reaper launcher/kannon/AC/ and then nothing from lsm because 90% of them run bolter tac and apo. I'm tired of these giant maps where all the newbies clump up at A leaving the remaining vet players to try and stop the constant zergs yo other points. I'm just really tired of all the huge open wasted areas and respawns a mile away from points. Can we just have some decent small maps with no vehicles that don't have people spending half the game running to a point only to die instantly?
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  2. Arbitrary Dwarf ArbitraryDwarf Steam Early Access

Basically you are tired of noobs being noobs.

FYI, there are as many noobs on the team you are playing against.

I would have preferred f2p being limited to LSM/CSM for a much easier learning curve for them.
  3. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

This was a problem well before f2p though. Black bolt is really un fun for me. Agnathio is pretty unfun now. Harkus is less fun ever since they fixed the vehicle blocker on the destroyed bridge. And I'm really tired of Torias after Torias map. A lot of the longer time players need some variety. I think a lot of us are really burned out at this point.
    Brad83 likes this.
  4. It's the long walking times that make some maps more annoying to play on then others.
    In my opinion, the game should seek to make you spend as much time in combat as possible, that's what you are here for if you bought EC, shootouts, melee duels and such. Long Walking times (and it happens more often with noobs driving the Transport down the cliffs...) counteract this hard, and i really don't know why they are there in the first place. More concentrated Maps like Olypsis and Pegasus pack a lot more action, and even if you die, you are not far away from the stompin while still allowing attackers to attack without the enemy team respawning in front of their noses.
  5. Beatus Beatusx Subordinate

6. RageScreama RageScreama Well-Known Member

LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  7. Beatus Beatusx Subordinate

8. I flagged to skip the Fortress maps completely. That are awful and perform bad.

But what I really dislike is driven scenarios like "hold the line". Maggon, Zedek and all the Fortress.

Guess why? Because they are predictable and limit players freedom to decide how and where to attack. In Pegasus, Torias and Olipsis fights can rage in different places contemporary. I can live with the fact we will never have ps2-esque maps but forcing people to follow specific patterns is crap.
  9. Tiberius Brad83 Subordinate

Iwouldlivea warehouse or hive city map, close confined,lots of heavy bolters,you know clearing the halls room by room stuff. That or a map were there are trenches in a ruin or something.
  10. Mozzer Recruit

No new maps until we can actually play the ones we have without them being choppy as fuck.

Optimization > Everything else at this point. Loads of my gamer bud have picked up this game and put it down after a couple of days because they just cant get good performance.

At this point, its putting people off!