Background Image

New knife ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Krayt, Aug 11, 2017.

?

So , new knife/seringe for 200lp?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Dont know

4. Give a damn claw for painboys ...

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krayt Krayt Preacher

So with all the dbash problems going on right now , what do you think about giving a new knife for tacticals equivalent / painboy that costs 200lp (same as sword after discount)
    And has the same dbash duration as sword but the damage and impact of the knife with 100 durability . So its basically a chainsword with damage/impact of knife wich is not a big upgrade but allow us to stop rmb spam
    That should allow the tactical that is a balanced class to be allowed to perform good at range+melee but not be the best at any of them, and you need to pay 200 lp for a little improvement in melee ( so we can stop the rmb spam)
    EpicHiLuss likes this.
  2. TGM Jencent Arch-Cardinal

>Weapon who gives you 99% chance to kill melee-guy.
    I think... most of players will take this knife at any cost.
  3. Krayt Krayt Preacher

With changes on uat knife breaks in 2-3 clangs and players get 1-2 shot, if the melee players dont spam rmb its still an autowin for him
    EpicHiLuss likes this.
  4. BaronXIII Arkhona Vanguard

No, not unless melee has to pay 200lp for a pistol to do the same damage as a full sized rifle variant, doubly so considering UAT melee dps values.
  5. Krayt Krayt Preacher

I know that it will not be in favor of tactical and unbalanced for them , but tactical is a versatile class and should be able to pay some lp to be so , right now tacticals have same melee chances as heavys wich is dumb
  6. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

So... a major community-outcry that bE should finally balance dbash...

bE FINALLY balances dbash...

And your suggestion is to introduce an item that will break the hard-won balance again...
  7. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

I think in the light of the UAT-changes, its fair enough to revert the Debash-changes in the first place.
    I am biased tho, seeing that nothing really changed for me: I still cant afford to get caught in a Debash, still cant afford to spam Quick-attack.
    Honestly I'd rather have ranged spamming Debash again than spamming Quick-attacks, mostly because Debash on melee still feels counter-intuitive and exposes yourself too much.
    Which means, more often than not, a ranged player spamming QA forces me to spam QA too, until we clang. Not fun.
    ProteusVM and Krayt like this.
  8. TGM Jencent Arch-Cardinal

Now Dbash is out of balance, retardmelee is back.
    ProteusVM and Krayt like this.
  9. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Its not balanced its utterly broken , ranged has 0 chances to win against a melee player that spams rmb , he has same chances than a heavy class
  10. BaronXIII Arkhona Vanguard

I don't necessarily disagree, but I'd have two things I want to say about this (1 of which I'm sure you know).

1.) We shouldn't have to pay any LP to have a Dbash that works. The current implementation is obviously horrible and needs to be fixed before I feel any recommendations on increased Tactical melee options should be put forward. The base knife itself should have a Dbash that is more effective. Otherwise we will implement some increased melee option and that will be an excuse never to fix Dbash correctly. AKA "Hey but you can pay 200lp for this, so why even fix Dbash? It's obviously intended for it to be this way, hurr durr"

2.) While the Tactical is versatile, I feel giving them the full defensive power of a primary melee weapon (even if lacking the offensive power) is still stepping on melee classes' toes too much. If Dbash was working well enough that we had the stun time to get in a fast attack or two (if knife dps is lowered), and/or disengage then I feel that in and of itself would allow for enough "melee versatility" for the Tactical. Though that entirely depends on what they do with Dbash and if/how they fix it. If they made it so you couldn't shoot in melee and could only slash, then a possible optional knife upgrade may be a great idea. If they make it shorter like it is now, but you can still shoot in melee then increased melee options on top of that might make the Tac too strong. etc.

Edit: I do think Painboys need something something to bring them up to par. On the flip side, fuck their poison pistols so much hahaha

Dbash isn't balanced in any sense of the word though. Ranged classes can't Fast Attack in the stun, the most damage they can do in the stun is like 2 shots, it doesn't leave enough time to disengage, and we still take durability damage. It's like being punished for using the correct counter. On the other hand, melee units still have the "unbalanced" (by your explanation) dbash from before.

How, in any way, do you see this Dbash iteration as balanced? There's literally no counter to melee as a ranged unit at all, and no counter to melee as a mid-way unit (like the Tac) at all. Do you really think this Dbash is a balanced iteration?
    Furiel and Krayt like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.