Background Image

New Elite Class Possessed

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by Belakor666, May 9, 2017.

1. Tozazu Recruit

Someone should point out that the Possessed's left hand pose was never changed. If you look, he actually appears to be holding an invisible bolt pistol. This to me is entirely unacceptable, a kid in college wouldn't get a passing grade for the possessed model as it stands. Why should anyone tolerate this half-arsed excuse, let alone pay money for it.

I am severely disappointed that EC didn't have the integrity to delay this, do it right and release it correctly.
    XRuinX likes this.
  2. pinky EternalPink First Blood!

Already purchased so have been credited it

Possessed stats 300 HP 300 armor 150 toughness with powerfist and unedittable
    [​IMG]

Comparing to a vet using nurgle sigil and T1 armor
    220 HP 360 armor 150 toughness
    [​IMG]
    Although if I was going for tankiness overall (and I could live without using the pimpy 500k req sword)
    224 HP 360 armor 160 toughness with T2 armor and nurgle sigil and you could still get armor bit higher if you wanted
    [​IMG]

Power fist is no faster so you will die in any anti-infantry situation where you haven't surprised them

So all in all rather shit hero tbh I think the most irritating thing is the left mouse button literally does nothing on this class (I suppose that might be a small positive if you are suffering from left mouse button finger fatigue)
  3. ambersand91 Recruit

What I don't get is why they didn't do the easy thing and have the possessed with an unique mechanic like obliterators where when they spawn they come with a RANDOM weapon. Autocannon, power fist, etc etc etc. But then I suppose that'd involve several versions of the trash tier skin.
  4. Eavydakka Khaernakov Subordinate

The true killer is that your nugle dude not just can use pistol + sword (instead of a powerfist and...air) but he looks cooler too
  5. Feleas Feleas New Member

Not tankier than a regular Elite with MoN.

Can't fire Daemonfire like in tabletop or in fluff.

Powerfist isn't different from normal Powerfist.

Doesn't mutate or change like in fluff.

Costs $25 for a weaker reskin of a Powerfist Elite.

Conclusion: It's an utter piece of garbage. Thank God I never bought it. I'm starting to fear that this game's gonna be having its servers closed in the next 2-3 years if the content keeps coming out underwhelming like this due to lack of funding.
    Firskon likes this.
  6. Sarise Sarise Active Member

I would be more concerned with the servers closing down within the fiscal year if this is the content they intend to release to keep the lights on. That statement should be offensive because what we as the consumer have received in the form of the Possessed Marine is equally offensive. Having players hungry for additional content is always a rough position to be in, but unlike actual starvation it doesn't make a meager offering any more appetizing.
  7. Because that would require unique coding, animations and probably assets that they can't do. They are literally making elites out of pre-existing assets because it's the most they're capable of.

I.e., they couldn't even animate his open hand to not look like he's holding a pistol. That's how crippled their development pipeline is.
  8. Deathwish Deathwish Subordinate

The class is a joke or the player controlling it was a joke? I love isolated instances used to pass judgement.
  9. Swagmaw Swagmaw Preacher

This is not impressive and, frankly, I wouldn't pay $5 for it.

I am an EC fan, but $25 for this thing? At the very least, rework the model to make it look more like the concept art.

Further, releasing this elite class (such as it is) was a bad move as it simply makes the game look shoddy.
    Firskon and XRuinX like this.
  10. Blasron Paquet Active Member

Khaernakov likes this.
  11. Feleas Feleas New Member

Pretty much. I had a LOT of hopes for this game when bE took over from THQ with this game. And I perfectly accepted the fact that they wouldn't be able to get to what THQ envisioned as quickly but the least they could've done was make the game a completed project before release into this..... shallow shell. Oh well, best I can do then is just ride the wagon until the servers go down and keep hoping things will change for the better.
    LordSquirrel and Talron like this.