Background Image

New CSM TORSO COSMETIC!!

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by ComradeHavoc, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Pork Steam Early Access

some one can say, when this patch comes to live ? watched twitch, and dont understood.
    They promised 3k or 300 (?!) of new items...cant belive in that. Armour looking "wet" and unspooky.
    I think its will be another "potato style patch"
  2. Yldastil Brujah Preacher

Seamless blending. A+ Photoshop skillz.
  3. Baelugor Bugz First Blood!

Cheers for the pickup bud, seeing as we have Khorne , Slaanesh and Nurgle inspired weapons so far, a Tzeentch inspired weapon shouldn't be too far away.. maybe..
    The force staff would be a 2 hander .. so maybe a force mace?

*starts summoning circle :D

@NoahWard Any hints on what's in the pipeline mate?
  4. I hope for Inferno-Bolts. The "more Penetration but more expensive" Bolter Ammunition that you need the MoT for :D

EDIT: Or even better, don't give them more penetration, but a fire Ailment. Exactly enough so that it does as much damage as higher penetration would do, just to fit lore
    Bugz likes this.
  5. Noah Ward NoahWard Game Designer

I don't know the exact number on the new wargear side but as far as new stuff in the store it's closer to about 24 new items. I also don't know who promised 3k "new" items because that would be a huge number of items. We have about 3k "item assets" in game currently (those are data assets that could either be an item in game or a part of an item such as a weapon hilt or helmet mask). On live there are 400+ items in the store and 250+ items in the advancement trees. 6% more items in the store is a reasonable amount of new items for a patch in my personal opinion.

I'm hoping it's not a potato patch and we manage to get at least to 1980s calculator patch.
  6. Noah Ward NoahWard Game Designer

I'm resisting the urge to leak stuff because there is currently only concept art and I want 3D assets in engine before we talk about anything. There are just too many variables and unknowns that could happen between the time I see a piece of concept art and when we let the item loose on LIVE.
    Aislinn and Bugz like this.
  7. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Its okay, go ahead, we wont tell anyone.
  8. Baelugor Bugz First Blood!

Cheers for the reply Noah.. but yeh .. as Djemo said... your secret's safe with us .. just whisper it.
    Do you hear the voices too? :CSMIron:
    Aislinn and Djemo-SRB like this.
  9. Noah Ward NoahWard Game Designer

I just don't like to "promise" things that are out of my hands. It could be March 30th and people would be posting "You showed on February 21st that we would get Tzeentch Bolters and Nurgle Plasma, where's our stuff???" and if it wasn't ready yet I would just have to say to wait. Even when there are 3D assets in engine there could still be reasons why they aren't ready or "blocked" for whatever reason.
  10. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Nurgle Plasma sounds intriguing, lobbing blobs of acidic bile across large distances sounds fun.

Though i doubt anyones gonna hold you on any date with that, you would just be showing something you are working on, not specifically saying "this thing i posted a picture of is coming next week", rather more like "this thing i posted a picture of is something im working on, what do you guys think?".

Feel like the cosmetic part of the team would benefit greatly from actually getting feedback from the people about something thats upcoming so they can make adjustments if need be (if they agree on something a community member posted as a comment about a cosmetic) rather than "blindly" put something in the game (blindly as in without any feedback/comments). Hell, ideally having a thread like Ian made (Lets Make Some Noise) would be fit for purpose, just dropping stuff you guys are working on and hearing back with some feedback from your community. Would definitely get allot of people hyped for the future releases.
    Bugz likes this.