Background Image

Nerf meltaguns.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CabalTrainee, Sep 27, 2016.

?

Nerf meltagun vehicle damage?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Cabal Trainee CabalTrainee Arkhona Vanguard

Meltaguns are ridiculous weapons currently. There is no reason to use any other anti-vehicle equipment.

Every tank in the game can be destroyed in one single overheat (With the exceptions of siege tanks). Even without meltabombs this is ridiculous. The only reason you need those is to do it more safely.
    Multimelta is the most useless (base) weapon in existance. It has all of the downsides of a havoc with no real advantages.

Also this would allow to make them a little bit better against infantry.

And it might help faction imbalance. Orks don´t have meltaguns.

Fire Dragon is beast (As fast as MoS Chaos marine. Toughness of an MoN marine with none of the downsides of either mark. + faster turn speed.) Can some eldar tell me what toughness you can get currently? I haven´t leveled my Eldar high enough yet to see if the toughness thing changed this patch! I don´t want to talk out of my ass here.

Chaos MoS Meltamarine is also awesome. And can cap.

SM Meltamarine is still pretty good.

Orks meeeeeehhhh.

Don´t get me wrong Firedragon should be the best at this. I mean this is basically their one thing! But all meltaguns are currently way too good.

Edit:
    Fr0Zen1, HAXTC, Aislinn and 5 others like this.
  2. Kaldor Draigo Kaldor-Draigo Well-Known Member

Lascannon needs a buff imo. At least until we can get side arms in for people with heavy weapons. You literally can't do anything to people of they attack you....other than melee :p
  3. Meltaguns can be nerfed when Lascannons lose their charge laser to meet Ork Zzap gun parity and charge more quickly, Infantry damage or firing windup time is improved, and Kraks do something worth a damn.

Not doing at least 2 of those things and nerfing Meltas means they would probably be useless. Stay and protect your tanks, my melta is worthless against any competent player, though I do sometimes down people after I've been downed with the residual heat buildup.

Also, it takes 1 + 1/2 cooldowns to melt a Rhino, don't know if directional damage counts for Meltas but I always do it from behind. Because knowing is half the battle.

SOURCE: I'm terrible at this game and only get my points from slagging tanks.
    VoxC, Aislinn, GloriusMaximus and 4 others like this.
  4. Cabal Trainee CabalTrainee Arkhona Vanguard

Move close into the back of the rhino. If you stand directly in front of the back and not away from it you destroy it in one single overheat.

For bigger tanks. Stop firing for as short as possible while overheating. It dies in one overheat. I´ll get some vid footage.
  5. This kills you when it explodes, and puts you into hilariously easy roadkill possibilities. If it does kill you in 1 overheat, then that is too much. 1 1/2 - 2 overheats is definitely fast enough to melt the tank while still letting crew pop out or other nearby infantry to deal with the melta user.
  6. EvLTimE EvLTimE Cipher

Be happy that meltaguns don't burn infantry as it was in previous patches
  7. pinky EternalPink First Blood!

I've noticed there now seems a more kamikaze style to anti-vehicle work in the games I've played where I'm attacking, as the defenders have limited lives it really doesn't help them in the battle when tac's charge out and immolate the rhino till it explodes and catch themselves in the explosion

So in the long run I think this will sort itself out as more people realise that and start taking longer ranged anti-vehicle weapons so they can get kills without the suicide
    0strum likes this.
  8. Cabal Trainee CabalTrainee Arkhona Vanguard

This is way too easy and too fast. First vehicle destruction is without cheesing it. Look at that damage without cheese mode. The three next ones are cheesy kills. (Also works on preds)

If it starts moving use the meltabomb. Otherwise just don´t bother with it.

9. Cabal Trainee CabalTrainee Arkhona Vanguard

Well only on two of all the maps we have. And once the enemy is inside the walls melta is boss again.
  10. BaronXIII Arkhona Vanguard

Edit: Take back what I said, still mulling it over.