Background Image

Need Tips On Black Templars Tactics And How To Build A Decent All Around List

Discussion in 'Table Top' started by Fenrir22, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Murtag Murtag Cipher

Our BT player was pretty upset when he heard all the old BT stuff then saw the 6th Ed rules.
  2. Fenrir Fenrir22 Cipher

Would have been sweet to have the Sword Brethren as elites like the sternguard but BT only!
    The hobby store i buy from still has a box or two of the Black Templars sword brethren and i almost bought them both
  3. What's the difference between Sword Brethren and Vanguard Veterans w/o jump packs? On the table I mean. I don't see the big deal. Why not use Vanguard Vets and call them Sword Brethren? Or Terminators?
    Murtag likes this.
  4. Fenrir Fenrir22 Cipher

Not a bad idea!
    SonOfDorn216 likes this.
  5. Don't get me wrong - I think Vanguard are GROSSLY overpriced and would never field them over Hammernatos, but if you really, really want Sword Brethren, that seems to be the way to do it.
  6. Fenrir Fenrir22 Cipher

Or buy a box and make 10 different squad leaders,,,,
    SonOfDorn216 and Murtag like this.
  7. You'll just need to buy some standard space marine backpacks on the side via ebay or something. Vanguard box is 100% jump packs.
  8. Fenrir Fenrir22 Cipher

Talking about the sword brethren. The only store in my nation that sells warhammer 40k stuff still has some of the old stuff.
    SonOfDorn216 likes this.
  9. Fenrir Fenrir22 Cipher

Can you answer one question for me, Do tactical Space Marines in TT get 2 atacks sine they have bolt pistols or is it just one atack? Just popped in to my mind that the standard gear for all SM is Bolter, Bolt pistol and a combat blade. Is the only mele atack the bolt pistol or do they get an extra atack from it?
  10. Just one attack as far as I know. Two when assaulting.