Background Image

Need Tips On Black Templars Tactics And How To Build A Decent All Around List

Discussion in 'Table Top' started by Fenrir22, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Fenrir Fenrir22 Cipher

So the old Lazcannon and plasma gun tactic might be a good idea (no idea how i remember that, Read 3-4 year old forum post with that settup) Or melta gun+multimelta+combi melta with maybe added melta bomb? If that is legal that would be a nasty Anti armor and anti elite squad id gues,,, if you can hit that is. And the main selling point of the missile launcher is that it can snap shoot (as far as i have seen in videos)

2. A ML's anti-armour and anti-aircraft rounds can snap shoot. I don't think you can snap shoot blast weapons (ie: the frag round). Its main selling point is its versatility. No other heavy weapon comes close. Melta weapons don't have enough shots to be anti-elite squad weapons. You're pretty desperate if you are using melta weapons to kill 2+ or 3+ armoured models. Grav/Plasma are king for that - or just buttloads of attacks - which is where your Crusader quads come in. Melta-weapons are great, but are very strict anti-armour weapons, keep that in mind.
  3. Fenrir Fenrir22 Cipher

So equiping my squads with Lazcannons or missile launchers and Plasma guns is a good idea for an army that i might be able to use for a while as i build my army? with perhaps a combi grav/metla/plasma for commander with power fist?
  4. I prefer ML over lascannon for its versatility, and grav over plasma because grav doesn't kill your own troops like plasma guns can... but any of the above combinations will be solid.

For squad leaders (Sword Brethren in this case) Powerfist and Combi-weapon is very solid, particularly if it's an actual assault weapon on the combi, like meltagun or flamer. If you fire the bolter, then you can't charge, as it isn't an assault weapon. So keep that in mind when you hit the table.
  5. If you do with to take a heavy weapon, do it in the 5 crusader man squads in rhinos. Combi-melta, Melta or flamer, Lascannon. Meltagun or flamer are the only special weapons worth taking on tac.crusader squads. Grav is 15 points of not-at-full power salvo, and plasma is to expensive for a situational weapon. the Grav gun and combi grav are only worth it if youre taking bikes or running legion of the damned. The flakk missile laucher upgrade is too pricey for one shot that may or may not strip 1 hull point.
  6. Fenrir Fenrir22 Cipher

Does anyone know if the ''Sons of Grimaldus'' is a propper formation?

consists of these troops
    • Chaplain Grimaldus
    • 1 Black Templars Command Squad
    • 1 Squad of Sword Brethren Terminators
    • 1 Squad of Sword Brethren Assault Terminators (Terminators armed for melee combat)
    • 2 Squads of Sword Brethren
    • 5 Squads of Black Templars Initiates
  7. Murtag Murtag Cipher

Well for starters, you can't have squads for Sword Brethren
  8. Fenrir Fenrir22 Cipher

Thats right,,, they removed the sword brethren,,,
  9. Murtag Murtag Cipher

They didn't remove them, they just removed full units of them. You can upgrade an Initiate to a Sword Brethren now.
  10. Fenrir Fenrir22 Cipher

''Removing'' a unique elite is kinda stupid, Realy wanted to get a squad of those when i was thinking about starting my army back in 6th ed.