Background Image

Necromunda: Underhive Wars

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Tyranthius, Jan 18, 2017.

1. PIT SLAVES!

Don't forget the Pit slaves! Their wonderful Rock drills and buzz saws....and yes the terrible In-balance
  2. Well @DaKaptin seems to be compiling a comprehensive list.
    http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/thr...-heretics-reside.1420/page-18938#post-1384800

Necromunda Gangs & Factions
    House Orlock
    House Goliath
    House Esher
    House Delaque
    House Van Saar
    House Cawdor
    Ratskins
    Spyre Hunters
    Scavvies
    Scalies
    Ash Waste Nomads
    Adeptus Arbites/Enforcers
    Bounty Hunters
    Pit Slaves
    Redemptionists
    Genestealer Cults
    Chaos Cults
    Vampyres
    Astartes Recruiters - Imperial Fists
    Bratt Gangers
    Underhive scum
    Ork Scavengers
    Dark Eldar Slavers
    Tech Gangs
    Plague Zombies
    Squat Miners
    Eldar Recovery Squad
    Death Cult Assassins
    Inquisition Retinue
    Shanty Town Gangs
    Journeyman Gangs
    Guilder Gangs

32 possible Houses/Factions, and counting.
  3. Tiberius Brad83 Subordinate

Now this would be awesome
  4. Lootmasta Kaptin_Pokkets Arkhona Vanguard

I had no idea Necromunda had that many different Gangs, 1/3 of this list is unknown to me. Also I thought Scavvies and Scalies were part of the same gang. Well shows what I know! lol

Seriously looking forward to this game. May it come out awesome as my brain is making it.
  5. Octave Octave First Blood!

Yeah, i would keep my hopes somewhat lower if i were you guys. I would be happily surprised if we get anything more than 4 factions at launch.
  6. Scavvies is the catch-all term for the impoverished, dispossessed and disenfranchised who live in the lower levels of the Hive.
    They are usually emaciated from malnourishment and deformed by disease, genetic defects, and pollutants. They are also likely to have likely to have Mutants hiding amongst them.

Scalies were a form of mutant, but have now become a stable form of Abhuman unique to such Hive Cities.

I would expect them to aim to complete the Six main Houses/Gangs of Necromunda, through the initial release and subsequent DLC.

But after that I can see them start adding in things like Bounty Hunters, Spyrers, Arbites, and a few others.

If they got a lot of interest, and like their Mordheim game move over to console, there might be enough motivation to expand through the other Factions.

Yet I don't see them doing all possible groups as some are too esoteric or unexpected for Necromunda, like the Xenos and Inquisitors.

If they do a Necromunda 2, I could see them expanding into the Ash Wastes.
  7. Lootmasta Kaptin_Pokkets Arkhona Vanguard

Makes sense, just didn't know they got their own gangs.

So if they were forced to start with only 4 gangs (which is a likely startoff), what would you folks like to start with? I'm hoping for Delaque, Escher, Orlock, and Cawdor. Good balance between playstyles I think. What's your opinion?
    Octave likes this.
  8. Octave Octave First Blood!

Good choice there, a bit of different flavors.
  9. Well they don't really have they're their own gangs, Scalies are the Heavy unit of Scaavy gangs, but are their own category of mutant.
  10. Lootmasta Kaptin_Pokkets Arkhona Vanguard

I thought so too. I wonder how the gameplay is gonna end up. I'm really hoping for a cross between XCOM and Mordheim, but we'll see.