Background Image

Names for the ground-based Chaos Space Marine

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by BrentEllison, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Brent Ellison BrentEllison Former Lead Game Designer

Hi there Chaos Legions. Remember when we solicited you for suggestions for the name of the tactical-equivalent Chaos Space Marine? Thanks to your help we ended up with the name "Traitor".

Now we need another class name, this time for the ground assault-equivalent. A Raptor's not a Raptor anymore if he takes off his jump pack, so what do we call a melee-focused Chaos Space Marine on the ground?

The reason we're separating out this class instead of just giving the Traitor a chainsword is that if you're a melee-focused character you'll want access to melee accessories and stats so the easiest way for us to make this work is to separate out the class.

As before, we'll send a list of potential names to Games Workshop to see if any are acceptable. Here are a few we've thought about to get started:
    * Slayer
    * Reaver
    * Warrior

We also thought about things like Renegade, but there are some conflicts there. So what do you suggest?
    Kaelin, Rikamar, Xeltan and 3 others like this.
  2. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

3. Brent Ellison BrentEllison Former Lead Game Designer

Ooh, that's good.
    Golokopitenko likes this.
  4. Isn't a melee-only CSM a (Khorne) Berserker?
    Omaromena likes this.
  5. Hopefully this name will be better (sorry, I hate that our troops are flat out called traitors)

Anyways, I like Reaver.
    Sumshine likes this.
  6. Brent Ellison BrentEllison Former Lead Game Designer

That signature is amazing.

Anyway, not that we're sticking to tabletop rules, but a Chaos Space Marine can always replace his boltgun for a chainsword for free. This is basically that guy, although depending on which Chaos Mark you take it'll change your strategy significantly.
    Sumshine likes this.
  7. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Raider.
    Aggressor.
    Harbinger.
    Mauler.
    Andy251 and Xeltan like this.
  8. Thanks! It took forever to figure out how to merge more than two gifs in one lol.

Ah, I see, in that case, I go for Marauder or Raider, both sound powerful and savage.
    Omaromena likes this.
  9. Golokopitenko Golokopitenko Well-Known Member

I like Reaver. The RRR gives it a chain-weapon effect (synesthesia much?)

I would suggest Ripper.
  10. They prefer the term Angry Traitor. Also my suggestion.