Background Image

MYST - Myriad Shrines; Eldar Guild and Gaming Community.

Discussion in 'Recruitment' started by Warmaster_Nate, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Noctifer Noctifer Well-Known Member

So, curious. If there is any RP in this group, how will that work for eldar? I don't think there are any books for them, so free form? Any good resources you'd all recommend?

Also, anything you'd need / want from us to get things started and make ths the most awesome force in the forums?
    CrazyCanadian24 likes this.
  2. Warmaster Nate Warmaster_Nate Well-Known Member

Well, the RP is up to the other players, not directly myself.

For Eldar book resources go here. We've discussed it a fair amount there.

EDIT: In short, the Path books and Codices are best and don't cite Eldar Prophecy by C.S. Goto unless you enjoy being eviscerated with an ice-pick. ^_^
  3. Asclepius Asclepius Subordinate

I shall offer my services if you were to accept.
  4. Warmaster Nate Warmaster_Nate Well-Known Member

Accepted. ^_^
  5. Taec Taec Arkhona Vanguard

I, Warlock Taec shall fight alongside you, if you will allow me
  6. r3dman Member

Warp Spider r3dman shall help you.
  7. Warmaster Nate Warmaster_Nate Well-Known Member

All welcome to join! We are well on our way. At 10 more I will have confidence starting everything.

In other news, I'm working on a banner. ^_^ Also, considering everything works out, I'm thinking [MYST] for the tag. (MYriad Shrines Troop)
  8. So'Kiel So-Kiel Well-Known Member

An inspiring start!
    You have long earned a good reputation, Warmaster Nate, as one of the most knowledgeable among us, the master of clear mind and apt word. And despite the appearance, you are unmistakably one true Eldar. You have my deepest respect. It would be an honor to bear a Khaine's will to the battlefields under your leadership.

Still, that times are still far ahead and I can't promise anything now. We haven't even see the game yet =D
    I like your views on the guild management, though I find them a bit idealistic. It can be hard to have half of your guild chilling out and half exerting themselves.. But it's still too early on, and I like the prospects.
    By the way, I am in UTC+2 time zone, we'll see how much trouble will it be)
  9. Warmaster Nate Warmaster_Nate Well-Known Member

Very glad to see you here, So'Kiel! I may know my stuff fairly well but you're one of two that successfully caught my mistakes. I was hoping to see you join us but I understand it's too early for outright commitments from any of us.

I've found that it is going to be less a guild and more a community. It's the real reason why I've stuck around in EC as I have, and I'd like to perpetuate it for the Eldar faction and have it enter the game. Yep, the game is years out but I see that these early months have created a very generative community and I would like to take it and reinforce it to last into the future for when the game is released. Otherwise, we will likely dissipate as the early hype fades. If we come to know each other sooner, we can coalesce once more when the game arrives. Who knows? Maybe we can form an early gaming community and play some Battlefield or DoW to pass the time.

Is it idealistic? Yup...even I was thinking so, but I'll aim for the stars and see if we can make it to the moon. ;) I'm thinking I could at least help make permanent this lovely community before it dilutes, but if I fail: oh well, at least I gave it my best. Who could ask for more? ...She would, but that's not the point...
    CrazyCanadian24 and Urian Velos like this.
  10. Warmaster Nate Warmaster_Nate Well-Known Member

Updates made to first post, I'm bumping this because the art is nice and we now have a website here, although the website is in it's infancy. If you do not want to join yet, that's fine, but feel free to register and I'll tag you into the forums as you come. We also have an application form for the future and a nice chat client for the members of the site. Please, have no worries in starting threads all over the place; it's just a skeleton so we need meat!

As those of you who were here early on can likely tell by now, the amount of effort going into this is directly proportional to how many persons agree to join. Nine persons and we have a website and preliminary banner. Let's see what we get at twenty!

I even added a hidey-hole for the Dark Kin. >_>