Background Image

My Work in progress space marine 1/1 scale

Discussion in 'Fan Art, Cosplay, & Fiction' started by DuskShine, Nov 27, 2015.

1. DuskShine DuskShine Drill Abbott

HEY! how have you been Savij! and youll be happy to know im biting the bullet and still doing wing face like you wanted XD but mmaaaaaaaaaannnn black templars are cool! think the eagles for the power pack would look good? XD
  2. im happy you are showing some stuff again ;)
    and i will judge your birdheads when they are in 3D :p but ya i think you iwll make them great
    loved them in the SM game ^^

hope you are also listing to the new powerwolf album :p
  3. Eihger Eihger Active Member

I apologize in advance if this was already brought up.

So a great tip I was given was use some lightweight Spackle to fill the seams and sand them down till the edges are smooth. As well as hitting the area with a heat gun then cooling it very quickly when its in place.

Before painting give the parts a coat or two of wood glue to seal the foam, it helps paint adhere better and smooths it out. I'm very serious. Wood glue is amazing. Only problems is it can chip if you aren't careful; side benefit you'll know where to paint in scratches and weathering.

However I found giving a quick thin coat of paint from a can can help pull out uneven surfaces you'll need to sand down. But after you use wood glue sand and reglue. Once you aint, sand and repaint. Over and over till its a polished smooth surface. Its labor intensive but it looks BEAUTIFUL when done and its far more durable.

Then to paint its no different than mini's prime, coat, layer highlights, detail Agrax Earthshade
  4. DuskShine DuskShine Drill Abbott

Hey thanks the advice is greatly appreciated, that Agrax earthshade i will definitely look into, and Instead of spackle, i planed on using some Rondo and spread it over really hard seems, but the spackleing is a good cheap idea :eek: cheaper than paintble caulking, ill have to try the wood glue over plastidip, thanks :D

and @Savij i need help convince me to stay with wing face smurf over black templar DX
  5. I appreciate the advice! I was under the impression that the easiest part would be the helmet, just because it's significantly smaller than many of the other parts. But, I guess it makes sense that the smaller the pieces, the more complicated foam would become. I've decided to make a Dark Angels suit, and I'm basing it off of advice and knowledge from Pilerud's Cosplay. The plan will start with the chest now, I suppose!
  6. DuskShine DuskShine Drill Abbott

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hope this meets the Emperors standard.
    i swear just letting a playlist of tributes to warhammer shit, gets you really motivated and inventive.
    Crioxus likes this.
  7. oh wow not bad at all ^^
    but that wouldnt fit dark templar marines ;) they are not worthy enough ;)
  8. DuskShine DuskShine Drill Abbott

Thanks! i kinda worry they might be too big and stick out too far...i really dont want to have to pop them off and start hacking XD I want it to be just right
    [​IMG]
  9. Eihger Eihger Active Member

You want to avoid rubber based sealants because glue and paint will NOT adhere to it

I say again will NOT ADHERE IN ANY CAPACITY
  10. DuskShine DuskShine Drill Abbott

Got the lower vents done, need to find of like grates for them
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

EDIT the next day!:
    3/14/ 6:00pm
    So today. Im attempting on the wingy face......emperor help me..

Edit 3/14 7:35

SEND HELP OR KILL ME I JUST HAAAAD TO CHOOSE THIS HELMET DX