Background Image

Multiple Campaigns

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by Mngwa, May 1, 2014.

1. Destroyer67 Destroyer67 Well-Known Member

That one is alot more acurate as well!
  2. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

7th edition (or 6.5) will come our the 24 may so the alliances chart or the allianche meccanichs will probally modifed
    Destroyer67 and larrence83 like this.
  3. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Hmm how come the Deamonhost and the CSM are "Come the Apocalypse" for the Lost and the Damned?

EDIT: Nvm, just read that its actually Legion of the Damned...
    Destroyer67 likes this.
  4. Mngwa Mngwa Well-Known Member

Okay, some more ideas.

One primary planet to each faction, where the biggest campaign is going on.
    A number of secondary planets where there are also campaigns to fight.

It would be possible to travel to other planets where the faction has no campaign, but there wouldn't be any faction-wide objectives.
    Something like that.
  5. Rikamar Rikamar Well-Known Member

I figure Campaigns will be given to act as a focus to direct players to a front or they ignore it similar to Alerts in Planetside 2. With multiple sub-factions, multiple continents and multiple War Council members multiple guilds then multiple campaigns are likely. Guilds and War Council could even make their own campaigns for the faction be it in relation to the running campaign or seperate. I like the idea of multiple campaigns. Such as a few side campaigns alongside one big one drawing all factions to conflict.

Still too little to go on though. Will they just be "Quit mukkin about and capture that big place for the Boss!" or will Campaigns also feature multiple objectives adding to a whole. "Kill X Number of Eldar for Slaanesh to slurp on." "Collect skulls and soak the land in crimson with excutions for Khorne!" "Capture X supply points to turn the tide of battle!" "Uh, cough on a bunch of Loyalists for Nurgle." Then by extent will bases like the one shown in livestream with the big cannon offer meaningful control to influence battle other than a colored border on a map.
  6. Rikamar Rikamar Well-Known Member

Oh more than Arkhona is a good thought too. Would be cool to have a Space Hulk suddenly appear for an event. Like say Halloween. Er, I think Halloween is only in USA, Canada, Mexico and Europe. But still...Even with the Space Hulk Deathwing in the works I just want a space hulk in Eternal Crusade damnit. lol.

-EDIT- Found this to support more planets Starmap and this response by Miguel saying the map is right. I at least haven't seen the starmap before now. Plenty of places to launch campaigns over in the future.
  7. Tarl68 TARL68 Arkhona Vanguard

I've been reposting this in a few places so forgive me if youve seen it already lol
    Rikamar, Arkdawn and Mngwa like this.