Background Image

Multiple Campaigns

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by Mngwa, May 1, 2014.

1. Have they mentioned if primary and secondary campaigns can be active at one time? Since the secondary campaigns look to be shorter I figured we would always have 1 primary and 1 secondary running.
    Hosk likes this.
  2. I'm not seeing the purpose behind secondary campaigns.
  3. Mngwa Mngwa Well-Known Member

Probably some way to choose a victor if there is a tie between two factions.

...that, or they are just a source of some difficult kills or something.
  4. Kenairyan Anvael Well-Known Member

I like the idea for helping things to look more "realistic" from a lore point of view (all power factions of the galaxy fighting against each other on one lonely planet? Sounds very unlikely to me).

Yet I fear that its application in EC would result in dividing the player community, which means that one or even two campaigns could end up with an unsufficient number of participants (making them boring) while the rest of them would constantly be in a overflow state.

However, if the game reaches a high degree of popularity I see no major problem in implementing that system.
  5. Adren Trianos LaerBorn Subordinate

Rather than multiple campaigns at once why not just have campaigns that feature only some of the races and then change at the end of that campaign. Like for example this month we have Space marines and IG vs Tau, and next month we have SoB vs Dark Eldar vs Eldar 3 way, this would keep one faction from ever truly becoming the unstoppably most powerful faction forever as some people fear. you join your race at the start of the campaign and stick with it and at the end you get a bonus at the start of the next campaign no matter what race you choose, If you don't like the races that their displaying you just wait for the next campaign and so on so forth.
  6. Destroyer67 Destroyer67 Well-Known Member

Have you guys seen this?
    Warhammer 40k Alliance Chart.jpg
    Dark Apostle Zathos and Mngwa like this.
  7. I think we need to give each faction the option of participating in at least one campaign at any given time. A lot of players will only play there favorite faction so we don't want to block them from playing at all. You can divide the population of large factions by putting them in multiple campaigns at once, the players could still go between them but due to there being at least 2 then a larger factions force would be split making them weaker in both campaigns.
    Rikamar, Mngwa and Anvael like this.
  8. Mngwa Mngwa Well-Known Member

The allies matrix chart (or smth like that)!
    Still a bit hilarious on how every single one has "Come the apocalypse" in case of 'nids ^^

EDIT: I think that's either outdated or the colours are a bit weird. It shows Eldar and Dark Eldar (the second thing I look at whenever I see this chart) as yellow, not the green one.

After another quick look it seems some others are different than in the rulebook as well, such as Tau and some of the space marine chapters.
  9. Destroyer67 Destroyer67 Well-Known Member

Yeah it is funny how the Tyranids have all war but. Yeah it is outdated I think it is the fourth edition. What do you mean about the Eldar and the Dark Eldar? ahaha
  10. Destroyer67 Destroyer67 Well-Known Member

Okay this is the newest version of the Alliance Chart (Or whatever). It actually adds alot of new races also
    (Legion of the Damned, Inquisition and Imperial Knights)

allies-chart-new.png

Edit: For those who do not know what the Colour coding is I will list it

Red is "Come the Apocalypse"

Blue is "Desperate Allies"

Yellow is "Allies of Convenience"

And Green (Or Gray, I am not sure) Is "Battle Brothers"
    Dark Apostle Zathos likes this.