Background Image

Multiple Campaigns

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by Mngwa, May 1, 2014.

1. Mngwa Mngwa Well-Known Member

This idea has been with me for quite some time, so I figured to give it an own thread.

This would be a very good addition when new factions start coming in. 1vs1vs1vs1 battles are already quite complex and chaotic, and I can't see any lore-friendly and/or functional way of having a battlefield with all the races in, if and when they come.

So, there would be more than one campaign.
    Lets say there are three campaigns which take place simultaneously, and all of them have different forces fighting each other. Some of the campaigns have alliances that last throughout it, while others it will be all versus all.

Example:
    Campaign 1 features SM vs. CSM vs. Tau (three-way) in Map A
    Campaign 2 features IG and SoB vs. Dark Eldar and Eldar (dual alliance) in Map B
    Campaign 3 features Necrons vs. Orks (two-way) in Map C

After some time, all these three campaigns are concluded at the same time, and another three (or maybe a different number, two or four) campaigns start, with the maps partly recycled and partly new ones. This would represent, for example, one faction moving out to another warzone and an ally arriving to hold the existing location. Or the previous faction could simply have NPC defenders at start at where they won.

Example:
    Campaign 4 features IG vs. Tau in Map C
    Campaign 5 features SM vs. Eldar vs. Necrons vs. Orks in Map D
    Campaign 6 features Dark Eldar vs. SoB in Map A

This would make it more possible to have faction alliances that both do not force them to fight together all the time as well as make it possible for them to be opposed at another campaign.
    Thoughts? Suggestions?
  2. Bladerunner Bladerunner777 Well-Known Member

Honestly, for me the sole idea of a campaign is as clear as black magic so far, we know NOTHING. We don't even know if it's going to be possible NOT to take part in campaign thus i will refrain myslef from commenting anything on this topic.
  3. +1 your comment on this topic!
  4. Slurpeeking Slurpeeking Active Member

By far the best way ive ever seen to phrase this. :)
  5. Mngwa Mngwa Well-Known Member

Even if it is so, why not take a leap ahead and actually comment would you play a game with this kind of system, and if not, what kind of additions it could use?

Just got a great suggestion that players could actually travel to other campaigns and try to establish footholds in them, so that they could also become a small part in the fighting of the campaign's original factions.
  6. Arkdawn Arkdawn Curator

I'm not to sure how the campaign's will work, I have only seen the little bit that has been on the forum's and I think letter so far, So it is good that you are trying to get this idea out there, the Dev's might see it and use it.
  7. Jolpo Jolpo Well-Known Member

In this case it would be same thing to use original concept ?
  8. Mngwa Mngwa Well-Known Member

Except that there would be multiple campaigns with different factions in different places (probably planets), so it is different.

EDIT: And like it has been said, we don't even know that much of the campaign to even be sure of that.
  9. Bladerunner Bladerunner777 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure there will be only one planet : Arkhona with several continents didvided into some kind of strategic locations. That's all we know so far. I really would like to know more and I'm very curious how the campaign\s will be handled, will it look like Mngwa is suggesting or different? My view is there will be basically one campaign for all races, one big, fluent battlefield shaped by the players only (or at least mainly).
    Mngwa likes this.
  10. Mngwa Mngwa Well-Known Member

That is true, but this thread is simply a look in the future. The developers said they want to add all the factions, and if they do that, I don't think one campaign and one big battlefield will be enough.