Background Image

MoT?

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by GrazewoundZeroLow, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Good morning all.

Is the, Mark of Tzeentch, good for any class outside the Sorcerer?

Thank you for your time.
  2. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Vets, or regular tacticals
  3. Slough Monster Slough_Monster Arkhona Vanguard

It is the best mark for tactical vets.
  4. Krayt Krayt Preacher

You must adapt playstyle when playing mot tactical , well equiped you have an armor delay of 1 sec , that combined with the tzeentch banner for +6% ranged damage can sum up in a rrally good build for competent players
    GrazewoundZeroLow likes this.
  5. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

I've been working on a melee MoT build for a while now.
    I was inspired by the Howling Banshee play style.
    Or at least "My" HB playstyle..

The napkin math and theorycraft behind it was kinda like..If HB can work with like that little EHP and basically surviving on her stamina + stamina regen and stuff and if MoK can work with lifesteal that really only starts to work once you bite through armor than maybe MoT "could" work with armor regen and just delaying combat with clangs, iframes and D-bashes and... stuff..(luck ?)

So I made this TA build a while back with Max Armor Regen, a MC Chainsword + Impact Mod for clanging and as much Stamina regen as I could fit in there .. 15% Wg charm + some trinkets I believe it was.

And threw myself on some objectives to see how long i'd last .. not really trying to kill anyone . just trying to see how much punishment the build could take..

Which ended up looking something like this..
    Ignore Angry Joe there on the background ..I was watching his aliens game review thingy on the 2nd screen at the time. even tho he's right in the end .. its all bulshit !! :p

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAvxxfC3Odc&feature=youtu.be

After a few games of doing stuff like that I think the Armor Regen is fairly decant .. the thing is tho .. random fire completely reks your regen..
    And you can't always outplay this by trying to use people as meat shields.
    I've also tried it with Lifesteal instead of the clanging mod .. but that turned out to be totally useless .
    Tried it with the Poison Sword ( this was pre MoN only nerf) wich worked kinda good but I'd lose my weapon durability quite fast tbh.
    Because I was clanging allot more.
    Specially since a lot of folk on LSM seem to like maces allot at the time 0_o"

Anyways ..
    Always consider this to be kinda cool but also a bid sup par because the other builds simply offer better utility and are less dependent on random factors that knock you out of your regen timer and are more forgiving when you fuck up positioning ... your also slightly less prone to getting bursted down on the other marks because of slightly higher EHP.
    So over al fun build which I would rank just slightly above the MoS TA but below the Marks of Nurgle and Khorne.
    This build is really only good in 1 vs 1's imo. and I find that's way to situational for your average match play.

But now that poison weaponry is MoN only I might consider this MoT melee thing slightly better just by comparison.

I also need to test this on a Vet TA build at some point.
    I never really got round to doing that .. could be interesting see how that goes with something like 300 armor and the 1 sec regen time n stuff.
    GrazewoundZeroLow and Deathwish like this.