Background Image

Mortarion Secret Resentment Towards Nurgle

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by nealbulldozer, Apr 13, 2016.

1. I have been reading about the Death Guard lately and i have read about how mortarion hated psykers and anything that relates to the warp in general. If anything before he went into the storm he was pretty much chaos undivided. In addition I have read that he interrogated a demon to find out how to kill them/ injure them. What i am asking here is that does mortarion have a secret grudge towards his god for violating his beliefs?
  2. maybe hes trying to find a way to free himself from chaos control or at least get the information he needs so that he cant be tricked again
  3. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

That was during the HH and before the DG and Mortarion(with the exception of mr Typhus(Calas Typhon) were (forced/tricked) into worshiping Papa Nurgle!And im pretty sure he wasnt even Chaos undivided at that point.
  4. Murtag Murtag Cipher

didn't a crazy bad plague break out and Nurgle offered to save them from the plague he started in the first place?
  5. Kilrane Kilrane Moderator

Essentially.
  6. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

Kinda...it was all planned by Typhus and Erebus i think.
  7. Murtag Murtag Cipher

Ah, ok. Sounds like their kind of thing. I don't know a whole lot about the Death Guard outside of the first three HH novels and some random stuff on Lexicanum
  8. Octave Octave First Blood!

Come on, whatever your beef is you can't stay mad at Papa Nurgle. He's just too nice.
  9. Mortarion hated being chained and taking orders from anyone else, he's like the traitor Lion El' Johnson and just want's to be free from it all, but one of his sons (I'm looking at you Calas) betrayed them to the fat guy.
  10. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

Thats more like Angron actually (he was the one that valued freedom above all) Mortarion simply hated psykers and you know the emps and his budies were psykers.