Background Image

Mordhau PRE ALPHA =? Chivalry 3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aidwell, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Proteus Lychoro ProteusVM Forum Beta Tester

WotR was a fine game when it first came out, post armour nerf and weapon speed buffs, so you could inverted overhead instakill players with a fucking pitchfork, the game became pretty awful. They toned down a lot of realism and balance to make the game more competitive for 1v1s, which is pretty goddamn retarded.

A damn fine game prior to those changes though, but no where near as free-flowing as something like Chivalry or Mordhau.

2. -VI-Alerius Alerius Active Member

yeah, the pitchfork change... and the headman's axe change... and the sword change...
    though I doubt that these changes were made to boost 1vs1 playstyle, 'cause it actually didn't. It seemed that they tried to mimic chivlary to a certain degree by making WotR more arcadish.

Mordhau looks like a crossing between WotR and Chivalry... maybe it's okay - even though I don't like the "timing"-element on blocks... might open the "latency / lag"-f*ckary window...
  3. look boyz! some git too affraid to play boyz games he never played boohoo
  4. Arteek Arteek First Blood!

Literally all of those are present in Chivalry except for the weapon durability and mounted combat.....

It sounds like you played Chivalry extremely casually and didn't understand any of its system to me...
  5. -VI-Alerius Alerius Active Member

Chivalry's mechanics are based on timing (more than WotR). Hit block at the right time + right direction and you are good, what I don't like, 'cause lag / latency / hick ups, because you couldn't hold the block.
    And if I recall it correctly, there is no real force modifier to your strikes.
    The combination of these two things are a downer for me. And yeah I played Chivalry very firmly - it's not my kind of gameplay. I tried "for Honor" and its gameplay didn't suite me either.
    I'm more into M&B melee combat - even though I found it lacking. WotR was what I was looking for.

Did you play WotR? If so and you didn't like it, you might understand what I mean regarding those two games visa versa.
  6. Any of you saying Chiv's combat is pure spam and that can beat anyone by just spamming are just bad at the game and play with bad people, I've seen people dominate and go for rounds in a roll without dying and even done it myself a few times, the problem with Chiv's combat is the stupid ass exploits the devs were too lazy to fix so they called it "skill" and the game pretty much became a broken-backed ballerina fuck-fest.
  7. Arteek Arteek First Blood!

In order to parry you have to aim for the tip of the enemy's weapon and the damage the weapon deals depends on when it connects during its trajectory. If you hit at the beginning or at the very end of a swing for example, it'll deal less damage.