Background Image

Morally Grey/maybe Good Chaos Chapters

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by CrazyZilox, Sep 21, 2014.

1. CrazyZilox CrazyZilox Subordinate

Are there any chaos marine chapters or instances where a chaos marine or legion did something that could be argued was good? Something along the lines of soul drinkers but without the complete annihilation bit
  2. CrazyZilox CrazyZilox Subordinate

good for survival of human races I guess. legions that aren't blood raving lunatics, maybe a little violent, but would go out of their way kill an ork horde attacking a planet or cleanse a planet of a particularly iron fisted ruler
  3. Tureilim Tureilim Prefectus

Typically speaking, the only morally grey/maybe good Chaos Space Marine Chapters are ones that haven't fully been corrupted, or are just starting down that path.

And generally, the end result of the touch of Chaos is one of two things: One fantastic flavor of stark, raving lunacy, or a body bag. Sometimes, you do resist it, though.

Argel Tal, the Crimson Lord -- was a good man. He was loyal. Strong. Courageous. Willing to do anything for his Primarch and Legion. That Legion was the Word Bearers. That Primarch, was Lorgar.

Argel Tal is a corpse, now.
    BruticusTheGoreHound likes this.
  4. Blood God Kaos Active Member

Chaos are only evil because humanity is evil, humanity created the the gods that chaos follow, the gods of chaos are the warp giving humanities strongest psychic attributes form, the legions of chaos are merely carrying out the will of humanity.
  5. Alpha Legion and Word Bearers have some major leeway in how they treat those they contour. Alpha Legion as you don't know how a world might fit the needs of such an ambiguous Legion. They may sacrifice the planet to create a demon world, or make return it to normal so they're use of it could be more subversive .

Word Bearers got their adulation of chaos, they generally don't care whether they conquest through conversion or carnage. How they treat their slaves and cultists should vary Host to Host. Surely they would all drive their subjects mad, but not all of them would be so callous about it.

Nightlords are decent to their slaves, depending on how terror hungry their company has grown.

Iron Warriors, well, their mortals are meat for the grinder, and I think that would be pretty universal. Though I suppose that if a grunt proved to be valuable meat, they may treat it with some respect. Maybe.

Red Corsairs rule what they seize, they'll let the mortals fallow and infight, but for the most part they can do as they will, so long as they support the armada when told.

Black Legion, you're only as favored as much as your usefulness.

Aside from that there's tons of undeveloped warbands.
  6. KillSlim KillSlim Prefectus

I have to say, Iron Warriors treat their janissaries / slaves / human livestock as a means to an end. During the siege of Castellax, a mortal officer who fought extremely well at the Witch Wall during the Ork invasion was shot for no good reason by Slave Lord Olgal (the guy who wears a skin cloak of slaves he dislikes a bit). The IW recycle the dead humans into nutrients and the general feeling of the IW towards their slaves is that of disgust.

On topic, I can't think of any chaos dedicated legions or war bands who are good or neutral.
  7. Tarl68 TARL68 Arkhona Vanguard

It'd have to be some of those few chapters/warbands that fall into the category of "renegade" rather then traitor
  8. Well the Brotherhood of Dust under Arhiman seems to be. He's more pensive than other Chaos lords, and is rather more humane than many non-chaotic characters.

I think Thousand Sons in general are pretty ambiguous, most of them probably just ignore their slaves.
  9. Tarl68 TARL68 Arkhona Vanguard

lol most of the thousand sons are walking dust-pans, they probably ignore everything
  10. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Alpha Legion maybe?
    They arent daisies, and they do bad stuff just like the other legions.

But they are so shrouded in secrecy that even if they volunteered at a soup kitchen in the breaks between being "dead killy" you probably wouldnt know about it.