Background Image

Modify Autarch

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Brujah, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Simple, it'd require new melee mechanics built from the flight system of Swooping Hawks, and that in return would require new animations, something that can't really.
    Also, there's little to no air-based melee avenue in Eternal Crusade. Considering how jump packs work for the other three races, you're not going to see any exhilarating aerial melee fights. Even if you did, they'd just get shot down in a matter of attoseconds. Not all too exhilarating now, eh?
  2. Xio Valency Xi0 Preacher

Why?

We have sword animations for Eldar and the hawk already uses the eldar knife animations with no aerial combo's, why would new ones be needed and why would melee air combat even be a consideration?

We already know that hawk wings also don't get ground pounds because of bomb mechanics and superior flight times+distance meaning animations for a ground pound ability would also be a silly thought tbh, it's a swooping hawk with a sword and pistol not an Assault marine.

It's gameplay style is already in use, I play as an Assualt Hawk quite a lot because it's fun, fly behind, seeker knife power strike to the rear, rifle them down, fly away, replace seeker knife with power sword and rifle with fusion pistols in that sentence and you have the gameplay the Autrach should have provided to begin with. Also helps that it's loadout balances itself out, the Autarch is tanky but the fusion pistols is a downgrade compared to even a smart shuriken pistol so it's not going to insta gib like an assualt hawk would normally, in return it can actually duel other melee classes.
    Brujah and Cyborg_Dragon like this.
  3. Shiani Brujah Preacher

I've been running the numbers for heat weapons lately and the Fusion Pistol is laughably terrible. The Mastercrafted version marginally less so (that at least hits 16 damage per tick).

It's hard to nail down exactly how the heat system works, but my best running hypothesis for now puts the Fusion pistol at (an average of) 77 dps per full charge. 77!

For comparison, the Bolt Pistol is 211.
  4. Does that mean they can fly? an airborne swordsman for Eldar?
  5. Krayt Krayt Preacher

We dont have fly animation for melee class
  6. we don't have melee when flying, even JPA, hawk just don't have slam and lock on, whats so difficult here to add red circle?

you are f paranoid
  7. Krayt Krayt Preacher

take your time , i know you have difficulties understanding basic logic and reading
    but since it will take u some time because of all the salt i might explain it to you :

hawks dont have a flying melee stance animation since when u press spacebar with ur knife in hand it immediatly switches to your rifle , and you cant get your knife out in the air since u dont have a pistol and the only way to change it would be to press melee but you cant while flying
    and no you cant copy paste animations since the hawk fly is different than jpa's jump , just imargine the melee stance pasted to the hawk with the fact that he moves backward/forward in the air ... silly af

or if ur like me and like facts more than bullshit u just look at the game files and see that there are no animations for that .... ggwp

thanks dude much appreciated
    Durash likes this.
  8. Razmirth Sneaky-krumpin Subordinate

Call me crazy, or call it a hunch guys...but I highly, highly doubt there will be anymore content, serious investments, updates or general love for eldar at this point. Or ever for that matter. You can sit here and argue and debate until you’re blue in the face, and the same things will never be seen/heard or cared about by the remaining 1 or 2 devs.

Just let go of all hope and you’ll all find yourselves waking to a brighter day tomorrow, when you realize letting go of EC and all hopes for it liberates the soul. Cause then you’ll be able to move onto other things in life that are worth your time and discussion.
    data_angel and LucianNostra like this.
  9. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

If you are planning on becoming 'one of them', pls just leave the forums and stop talking.
    The only, better way to waste time than making suggestions for EC is pointing out how pointless it is to make suggestions for EC.
  10. Razmirth Sneaky-krumpin Subordinate

Since I’ve been playing since last September, and I’m just stating the facts, I find your response immature. I’m glad you still wanna fight the good fight, and should I move on? Already have, but I like to check in the forums from time to Time and see if anything has changed. But saying “stop talking” is a little much, and completely ignorant.

The point I’m trying to make is that petitioning the devs and community with unrealistic expectations isn’t gonna help, especially when it comes to eldar. Hoping for devs to fix the elite classes is wasted effort, as they haven’t even fixed or balanced LSM or CSM elites to the best of my knowledge, and they actually have active populations.

And fixing elites won’t make any difference what so ever on whether or not the game will make it longer term or not. Maybe spend it trying to get realistic results instead, instead of these stupid wishlists that never we have, or Ever will, be addressed. Not with other blatant issues that are staring the community and devs in the face.
    data_angel and LucianNostra like this.