Background Image

MMORPG review is out

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Colapse, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Colapse Colapse Forum Beta Tester

http://www.mmorpg.com/warhammer-40k-eternal-crusade/reviews/the-incomplete-crusade-1000000459

One of the sites that among the first showed support to bE in making of the Eternal Crusade, not to mention there was a guy here, journalist from that site, who often did articles on the game during its development, but stopped some time ago.

Anyway, it took them a while to do a review and for the reasons I stated before, I dropped this thread so if anyone missed seeing their opinion he can do so now.

PS not sure if there was already a thread with this news, if so, I apologize to the mods :)
    DaggersEdge, Narzile, Philos and 11 others like this.
  2. Well, cant disagree.
  3. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

Ohhh boy, the most cancerous, yet popular page made the review.

I feel like I'm going to have extra salt on my popcorn while reading this.

edit:
    well, wasn't as bad as I expected.
    Reviewer clearly didn't seen customization(which is still poor, but its there at least), but he got most things right.

No one expected EC to be ready this year and it probably won't be before late December/early January.
  4. Yep, I read it too.
    MMORPG gave Eternal Crusade a very bad review giving it a 4.8 out of 10 and re-naming the "Officially Released" game the "Incomplete Crusade".
    Also, IGN gave the game a 5.3 out of 10.
    Two Strikes from major gaming sites.....three strikes your out!
    Plongo, Brother-Tamiel and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  5. Zhull Zhull Well-Known Member

yes, when a reviewer says EC isnt good, it must be a problem with the reviewer.
    images.jpg
  6. CTFT Recruit

My 3 different yet identical lascanons tend to agree with the title of "Incomplete Crusade".
  7. KHETTI Well-Known Member

An accurate and fair review.
    Come Nov. i can't imagine anyone in their right mind will choose to play EC, while Deathwing exists, can't wait and yes i will be uninstalling EC when its out.
    Wulfburk, Philos, Skarbrand and 5 others like this.
  8. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

I don't think they realized it, but their opening comment... well, it's not so much a complaint about Eternal Crusade as it is a summary of WH40k lore.

"They say in the future there is only war. If Eternal Crusade is the future then god emperor on the golden throne help us all because we are doomed."

Humanity being doomed is a critical part of WH40k lore. The Imperium spent 10,000 years barely staving off defeat and slowly degenerating into a horrid dystopia, and comments in the lore dating toward the turn of the millennium indicate that the Imperium has lost a crapload of planets and territory very recently and hasn't quite noticed yet.
  9. Zhull Zhull Well-Known Member

the forums here have mostly fanboys and white knights left, so they all overshout eachother how awesome the game is, when reality hits in the form of less invested fans who objectively review the game for what it is, there world comes crashing down.

also note how not a single dev actually has interacted to any criticism since launch.
  10. Kaldor Draigo Kaldor-Draigo Well-Known Member

I'd just like to quote 2 things:

I haven't seen in phrased in such a way, but it really sounds on point. This game was just pushed out to die, like an abortion.