Background Image

Militarum Tempestus??

Discussion in 'Table Top' started by Brother-Bardiel, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Brother Bardiel Brother-Bardiel Well-Known Member

So about the new GW Militarum Tempestus miniatures, I don't get it who are these guys? to me they sound like Cadians with blue armor.

Still waiting for the actual IG codex...
  2. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

they are stormtroopers Tempestus=storm

the codex will feature both militarum tempestus and commisars.

3. Raizo Raizo Curator

They are what Storm Troopers used to be. The warrior elite of the Astra Militarum (What Imperial Guard will now be called it seems)

They either take up an elite choice for an Astra Militarum army. Or if You buy the Militarum Tempestus Codex you can field an army of them.

At least that's what I gathered after I skimmed through this weeks White Dwarf while watching the football today. :)
  4. Seth Seth Arkhona Vanguard

For what is written on the WD you can field an independent army of them.
    I just pre ordered them, Codex, 2 squads and a taurox.
    Since im waiting for 2 weeks for my BT chapter upgrade sprue...
    I just hope its worth it since I was a bit inclined to buy Tau.
    Just hope i made a good bet.
  5. Tyryt Tyryt Prefectus

Taurox takes the reward for "worst design ever". Even over the Centurions, and that's saying something.
    The troopers themselves look nice though.
    A lot like the knights, it's a "codex" with 2 models, the vehicle, and the trooper.
    I love GW and have been defending them forever, but this new direction they are going... I don't know.
  6. The Tempestus are the elite of the Stormtrooper Cadres trained by the Schola Progenium which is responsible for most Stormtrooper Regiments and also the Commissariats own military forces. In terms of badassness, these guys are a whole other level of combat veterancy and skill compared to the Elites you see in the regular Imperial Guard. The Tempestus are rarely seen in battle on most campaigns and are instead used in league with Astartes and Munitorium missions of great sensitivity.

In addition, the Schola Progenium is also responsible for teaching the recruits of the Sisters of Battle, Imperial Navy officers, some of the Inquisitions own, and also the Assassins of all three branches.

Another benefit of the Schola Progeniums soldiers is that they are completely loyal to the Imperium for they are all orphans or were forcibly sent to the Schola at a very young age and were basically brain washed into being the ideal citizen of the Imperium. The only real way for a Progenium soldier to go traitor is to either brain wash them or make them believe you are the Emperor Himself.
  7. Lutherian Lutherian Subordinate

the new stormies look awesome, though i wish the helmet was more detailed/ tacticool looking.

as for the taurox.... ugliest thing even uglier than the baby carriages and ugly marine fliers together, hell even uglier than the first land raiders... who designs these failures anyway ?

and dont get me started on the new mess that is the ogryns...
  8. Fox Fox Active Member

They look pretty sweet. One of the GW regulars at my shop is a big guards player, so I can imagine he'll be getting some of these. The new taurox vehicles remind me of something from Gears of War.
  9. Akragth Akragth Well-Known Member

The troopers look awesome, but much like the Knight (as said above) didn't warrant a codex. They release that codex rather than a new Ork dex, or the new tonka truck rather than plastic SOB models, or updated Chaos Marine models or something? Pfft.

Also, I thought tempestus meant weather, but I could be wrong.
    Anthony Schaff-Ili likes this.
  10. Warsmith Matt Warsmith_Matt Well-Known Member

How is the Taurox more ridiculous than the Dreadknight? The sculpt could have been better but I can see it was modeled to look like a MRAP.
    Ramgut-Bloodscreama likes this.