Background Image

Melta Gunz

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thrakka, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Thrakka Thrakka Master

HEY LADS! 'aven't made a thread in a gud while. But i've started to see new meta tactics in the game that honestly shouldn't be allowed to continue for balance reasons.

So When chaos or LSM use Melta Guns it's quite effective at killing enemy infantry by blinding the enemies screen and doing massive burn dmg But due to their bigger size and slower ADAD ability it's not THAT big of a deal. However Multimeltas are currently being used way too often now never to destroy vehicles but instead to MELT enemy infantry in mere seconds. Especially Orks since our hit boxes are huge and we can't dodge as easily.

Secondly Firedragons use this tactic the most and the worst. 7 fire dragons in an Eldar match are able to do it all. Super fast and agile and making no noise as they run, Firedragons can dispatch infantry and vehicles alike with insane ease. Blinding enemy players with blinding speed then ADAd DANCING effectivly enough that some tacticals and SHoot boyz can't actually win a 1v1 with them

long ago all melta weapons were different. They all had to ramp up before doing it's maximum range and burn dmg. That was buffed years ago. I believe Meltas should be brought back down to it's original mechanics which would go towards total balance. I don't say this to hate on the other factions I'm trying to balance the damn game so WEEZ GET SUM MORE BOYZ TO JOIN DA GAME!
  2. Keged Keged First Blood!

In my opinion meltas are very powerful because they absolutely shred armor and deal a powerful dot that means that if you survive the fight you can usually get finished off almost instantly. Also I think that for adjustments the meltas should return to ramping up their damage over time so that the longer the melta beam stays on target the more damage is done exponentially therefore if the melta gun user is killed or misses they will be punished for that therefore promoting skill or cooperation in keeping the metla gun user alive.
    ruititadiogo likes this.
  3. Krooza Nob Bozz KroozaNob Well-Known Member

I can deal with a melta when I drive the trukk.

I can't deal with 5 meltas at the same time, they simply melt the vehicle too quickly for such low effort while holding a button down.

I hate when the enemy is just spamming that weapon, which can spread an inavoidable amout of damage that can easily decide the outcome of the match. We need a hard cap on these weapons to avoid getting swarms of guys using a single weapon to decide all types of engagement.
  4. Keged Keged First Blood!

also I'd like to add that the issue in my opinion isn't that melta do well against vehicles especially in groups as that should be their job its how they also excel against infantry making armor and toughness almost irrelevant.
  5. KIDDIN DA KRUL Kidding3mp3ror Steam Early Access

OI WHENZ WE GETTING OUR MELTAS? CUZ I WANNA SET SOME UMMIEZ ON FIRE!
  6. Krayt Krayt Preacher

7. Napalm Def kannon anyone?
    ruititadiogo and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  8. MEGANOB MADNESS TheMadnesss Arkhona Vanguard

so would you two like to explain your comments and maybe attribute your opinions to this or are you just here to start a fire?
  9. Krayt Krayt Preacher

There is nothing to explain here , that post itself is pure art , even i cant make a shitpost that good
    Atsidas, Deathwish and ProteusVM like this.
  10. Durash Durash Arkhona Vanguard

Stop and go away pls.

Meltagun vs infantry is like using a bad shotgun.

You will lose a head-on 1v1 every single time using a meltagun if the other guy can track your head properly. Meltagun AI is good for only surprise cheesing one kill in a mutual death. If you're outright losing to meltaguns in CQC as A GOD DAMN ORK there is something wrong with YOU. ADADing as a ork is perfectly fine and combined with high EHP you should be consistently winning that engagement.

Multimeltas aren't king in AI or AV, they're capable of deleting you in moments because all heavy weapons are designed to do that. Just like meltaguns they'll cheese one kill (if that) and overheat. Shoot him in the head before he starts firing (like every other heavy weapon) if you dont want a mutual death.

Did I forget to mention that you can hit spacebar and become immune to DOT-damage ticks?

If those 7 fire dragons are wiping out both your vehicles and infantry then you and/or your team are baddies.

Only bad tacticals/shootaboyz who cant land a headshot even in CQC are losing 1v1s to them,a boltgun or shoota that can track the head for atleast 1-2 shots is guaranteed to win that fight.

Just like meltaguns, you can only cheese one kill with a fusion gun before it overheats and you're vulnerable.

NONE of this is new, stop ragequitting this mudball and maybe you'd have noticed this half a year ago (or earlier).

Your ork bias is showing again.