Background Image

Melta Bundle

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rheeva, Jan 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Ironcrab The_Ironcrab Steam Early Access

Damn eldar players love to cry when they get a nerf. It's not even like this nerf is un-justified. The melta bundle is preforming way to good to the point that it is broken. Thus it will be nerfed. Now deal with it instead of crying about it.
  2. W... What?

[​IMG]
    Firskon likes this.
  3. jbregg jbregg Dev QA

"Dear Eldar warriors,

It is great to see how ferociously you are defending your favorite faction. Nerfs are rarely well pleasing for most players affected by them.

As per I could read, some of you think that Eldar are the weakest faction, this could be argue over and over as everyone have their opinion on it, everyone wants to win.
    However, as a matter of fact, the Eldar winning percentage over the last 3 months is around 75% against both SM and CSM. (The data for the Orks are insufficient to be relevant.)
    This means that an Eldar player will generally win 7-8 matches out of 10. Feel free to debate on this on a different topic ;)

Now, please note that the change on Eldar Melta Bomb and especially on the MB Bundle is only available on UAT for a reason.
    We experiment within the limitations that we have, and we allow anyone to come and try, to give their thoughts on it so we can work together to find a great balance.

For now we focusing on the damage aspect of the MB change, starting with Eldar MB bundle, once we are satisfied, we will look into the other aspects such as LP costs and Vehicles’ health to even the odds for all factions and have a reasonable result before pushing it on Live.

The initial reason for this nerf is simple; it is not acceptable to allow one single Infantry player to destroy a full health vehicle in less than 0.5 seconds. Especially knowing how effortless it is, as a Fire Dragon, to run and quickly set both MB down in the rear part of a vehicle.

Therefore, the idea is to prevent this to happen by allowing an occupied vehicle to drive away and to avoid the insta-death sentence. That’s why it is important that the MB bundle throw followed by a fully charged FusionGun shot doesn’t destroy a manned, intact vehicle.

The Eldar vehicles trade health for mobility, a mobility which makes them incredibly protected from enemy’s Anti Vehicles when they are manned as they can quickly turn around and roll over infantry.
    Though, your concerns have been heard and we will make the appropriate changes to prevent the other factions to use the “MB + Single Meltagun burst” death sentence on Eldar’s vehicle as well.

Thanks for reading,
    Pierrick"
  4. jbregg jbregg Dev QA

Seems like a few of you did not read the post above, esp. the part that I've set to bold text. This is not a nerf for just Eldar. It's a re-balancing of the Melta bombs. We started with Eldar.
    Atsidas and BrotherDamnatus like this.
  5. Deal? You kidding maybe. But tehre is one good news for you. You will never see eldar veterans anymore. only occasional pugs sometimes with 1-3 rank.

Eldar are done. Most of us dropped game earlier. the last of us will left it soon, just after this "balance fix" will hit live. What a sense to play a faction if every asset is worse than opponent's? And you argue about we eldar cry about nerfes lol. Pathetic. The only what we see is nerf. Sure we are rage or may be in aphaty almost. Its over the top after every previous nerf.
    Clearly. Eldar punished for too much teamplay. We got it. Couldnt play without warparties when 0 online. We had to stomp pugs and now nerfed because pugs or bad guilds cant git gud and kill and elf with few bolter shots.

I dont buy it sorry justify nerfes because skill difference is a plain shitting on balancing at all. Its handicapping and you know it. You only nerf eldar. Buff DA add him drum mag, buff dark reaper accuracy and hipfire, make banshee not useless and then we will talk.
    Firskon likes this.
  6. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Then do me a favour and schedule a series of test-matches (with all factions adjusted).
    I think the theory of decreasing the strenght of anti-vehicle is solid but it will turn out very, very bad in practice. We shall see.

Several of my main points remain:
    -Eldar need some buffs, regardless of Vehicle-balance.
    -The bundle-nerf goes too far.
    -We are giving too much power into the hand of brute-force players without fixing any problems.

Also, saying htis is about Eldar winrate and simultaneously claiming this is not specifically about Eldar appears somewhat contradictory. I would understand either point, but I don't see how it can be both.
  7. Konoko Konok0 Arch-Cardinal

why write the same thing without answering the message that was earlier - for the same message.
    upload_2018-1-12_0-10-56.png
  8. jbregg jbregg Dev QA

Like I always do? No problem.

Your first point is exactly why he relayed those stats. 75% Win rate and you still call for Eldar buffs. The discussion on UAT immediately went through the roof once a mention of a nerf happened.

I do admit I didn't say "Yea we nerfed Eldar Meltas but it's just the start of the rebalancing, other factions will get theirs too.". Other factions are affected by this too. Lowering Meltas across the board = longer TTK(On vehicles) for ALL factions.
    BrotherDamnatus likes this.
  9. -WCA-Vola Talron Confessor

@jbregg I know these forums can be hard to mod in and I understand that the dev team is small but thank you for keeping this game going and for trying to give us new things to play with. Sorry about the salt from here.
  10. Konoko Konok0 Arch-Cardinal

upload_2018-1-12_0-12-3.png
    Plazm and Faeruin like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.