Background Image

Melta Bomb: De-Magnetizes from wall-braced targets?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thraxus, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Construct_ Thraxus First Blood!

So last night I saw a couple of Havocs braced on a wall. I happened to have a Melta Bomb on me so the obvious choice was to slap it on one of their backs and watch their ragdolls explode into the grim dark yonder.

Seconds later both of the Havocs un-brace and /roll away. The Melta bomb I'd attached to one of their backs then just simply falls off, exploding harmlessly out of range.

Wait what? Once a Melta bomb is magnetically attached to its target it cant fall off right? yet this happened.

In no other situation can a Meltabomb detach from its target.

Bug? feature? working as intended? Thoughts?
  2. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

Working, if you roll you lose stuck grenades. It's to counter the melta suicide bombers.
    LucasDominus likes this.
  3. Working as intended i believe, all sticky bombs detach in "rolls".
  4. Construct_ Thraxus First Blood!

I don't think I've been stuck with a Melta Bomb myself recently. I'm assuming this would be the same for JPA / Raptor / Stormboy / Swooping Hawk. (being able to lose the Melta Bomb just by evading with jump pack / flight etc) As last I knew of it the sticky was still permanent.
    LucasDominus likes this.
  5. BaronXIII Arkhona Vanguard

It's intended. Melee went around crying a bunch about getting stuck with Krak Grenades and Melta Bombs, so you can drop them off you if stuck by rolling/evading/boosting/etc now. It's been that way for at least a month or two.
  6. FreeMek Gortflagg Nexle09 Arkhona Vanguard

While I loik dis roll to get rid of nades fing, I'd rather 'ave it confined to a accessory that costs 'bout 100-150 LP. That way if ya want to detatch nades, yer gonna 'ave to sacrifice somefing first...