Background Image

Melee needs to be similar to ranged.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MolitvaVoina, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Forgrim Forj Battle-Skald

I wish that was the typical LSM I face. There's at least two places where I would have been shot to death before I could roll. How on Terra do three people shooting fail to kill someone that is effectively a stationary target at one point?
  2. Yes yes this stuff. Did they not base most of the range combat on this game off of SM? What the heck is stopping them from doing the samething with melee? See now that makes no sense.
    Firskon likes this.
  3. Demetri Dominov Demetri_Dominov Arkhona Vanguard

See I don't think that melee needs a damage buff. I think that Tactical class ranged deals too much damage, clip sizes are a big factor, and they seldom have a reason or incentives to get into melee. Like they know their main weapons are way better than their knives or something...

For example, how many people have ever tried to take a knife and pistol into battle. On any race or class? So long as this is a laughable notion, Tacticals won't get into melee willingly and thus will retain every possible tool.in the game to.keel them.from.fighting hand to hand. This is not CoD or Battlefield. Everything is melee capable in this game and it doesn't require a whole lot.lf work or pain to get there.
    Sumshine likes this.
  4. Krayt Krayt Preacher

i GO melee when i run out of bullets , and i die because you stand no chance when your pistol runs out of ammo , knife is garbage
    EpicHiLuss and ProteusVM like this.
  5. Krayt Krayt Preacher

And lose 20 sec , i will not redeploy and instead help my camarades
  6. Proteus Lychoro ProteusVM Forum Beta Tester

You're the last person who should be giving tactical advice.

Sily, EpicHiLuss, Elector and 3 others like this.
  7. Fryskar Fryskar Active Member

If you want to make tacs and co fighting in melee, they would need a good buff on. There is almost no reason to ever engage in melee, just because knifes are shit-tier in most terms.
    My only class i ever do so is my tankbusta-rokkit boy and also only if other boys are aware of it. Else i'll try to blow him or both of us up with rokkits or nades.

IMO they should go back to 1.3 stats for it and add an 1-2s delay after d-bash to any ranged weapon. So knifes still break fast, but at least can punish you a bit more for losing rps. Also making it impossible to dodge after FAing into a d-bash would be welcome.
    Sily likes this.
  8. Dang.... That was not well planned.
  9. That bit of footage was really bad lol. Now besides the fact that fighting a tactical out in the open is 100% wrong I still think we need to find a way to fix that mobility gap that melee characters have. That stop and go melee attack is just not cutting it. Should be able to move in all direction while attacking. Now if after we get some nice changes like that you still do the same thing in the footage..... Well then you need to play another role lol.
    Aislinn and Corie like this.
  10. Aislinn Aislinn First Blood!

Dude, all I saw there were fast attacks and evades that did nothing. There were no sprint attacks, no heavies to just either break the tac's knife or face, nothing. Smart pistol whippin', contrary to the name, was actually a very dumb move. On a vet nontheless.
    I really want to just wash my eyes with a soap after looking at that. It's the reason we still have topics like that, gods allmighty.
    ProteusVM and MolitvaVoina like this.