Background Image

Melee makes me SCREAM! (Official response EOT)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scoligrosis, May 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HOLYSHIRTFORKINMUTHERPENIS.

These are things I yell at my computer late at night.

Not because we lost.
    Not because I got bested in a fight.

Because the melee in this game makes no sense and does not even follow its own rules!
    Power attacks beat by dbash
    Knives stunning with dbash LONGER than swords and axes (seriously what the fuck)
    locking onto further away targets when there is an enemy in melee range
    RPS favoritism. Like both fighters doing the same move and one works anyways and the other still clangs?
    I get stunned, 2 free fast attacks on me. I stun them. They roll out of it before I can do anything. (not lag)
    I wanted to play a khorne berserker today. Yeah, i tried that for about 2 games before having to go for a walk.
    I am sick of getting stunned every 2 seconds and just having them backpedal and left click me to death.
    A good percentage of wargear and classes are a detriment to your team to play because its just not as good as a regular bolter guy.

still broken and unfun to play.

Are they working on this or should I just play this like another call of duty shooting range simulator?
  2. FreeMek Gortflagg Nexle09 Arkhona Vanguard

Blame da "muh bolter" fags on LSM fer dis. Dey zogged melee up.
  3. Imperator5 Imperator5 Well-Known Member

I agree that melee is bad, but maybe you need to get a bit more relaxed. Getting that upset is just bad for your blood pressure and not worth it. Get a beer and don't let a game get to you... unless you spent the 100 buck edition, in that case, yeah.
  4. SmurfKun Tamu Well-Known Member

1) The rolling out is a trick any one can do
    2) The animation timeing makes it so that the person who started their process faster can often have their action count and negate yours
    3) Ya melee sucks both in the system and the implementation
    4) The knive stun thing is a thing from back before when melee was too much so knives users were given more stun time to make it fairier. The devs did not remove that after melee nerf and range buff
    5) Lag makes melee bad to play your better off just going with dakka
    6) Best way to enjoy melee is on garrision where you can do 1v1 with others instead of 1vx in a real game.
  5. Best way to enjoy melee is on garrision where you can do 1v1 with others instead of 1vx in a real game.

So dont do melee..got it.

And honestly Im a pretty chill gamer. I didnt rage at League of Legends or Team fortress. This game right here made me throw a controller for the first time in my life.

I was chasing down a melta user trying to destroy my trukk and my little ork melee hop couldnt catch up to him while he was still firing. He destroyed my trukk and then outran me back to his base. The funny thing is, I said "watch this shit right here I bet this will happen". Then it did exactly as I said.
  6. SmurfKun Tamu Well-Known Member

well not unless you are shiled bro with fist.
  7. Avlaen Avlaen Arkhona Vanguard

wasnt us, its the devs who cant make their system work right.
    duffmek, omarx, Xeltan and 2 others like this.
  8. BaronXIII Arkhona Vanguard

Why do people think Dbash beats Power Attack when it doesn't...
    Slough_Monster, Ephaistos and Alb like this.
  9. Chuffy Chuffster Deacon

Perhaps because of client/server problems, timing mismatches and latency, where what you see on your screen and what you press has no bearing on what actually happens. Often times it doesn't matter what attack or counter you use, as in many circumstances the outcome might as well be random.

Oh, and then you get hit in the head... with a bolter.
  10. The Entombed Thraxus First Blood!

Welcome to the real war @Scoligrosis

Melee died on 22/02/2017 when the Ranged Hand Holding patch rolled out.

Saying that, Melee may be dead but skill is not. Keep at it, become as bitter and full of rage filled hate like me and you'll be just fine. :D:CSMWord:

What does not kill us only fills us with more rage fueled suborn determination and sheer force of will. eventually when Ranged are pulled the fuck back in line when melee is fixed, we will have trained under the weight of months of stacked mechanics and will be that much sharper for it.

A reckoning is coming and Ranged will simply have to adapt or suffer. And I am perfectly fine with both of those options.
    Trashed likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.