Background Image

Medical/Psyker Classes, Progression & Selectivity

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Corswaen, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Battle-Brother Paegrim Corswaen Arkhona Vanguard

Greetings fellow children of the holy emperor - in undying service to the imperium, weak willed heretics or terrible xeno races.

Medical Class/Psyker Unit Selectivity:

- Two out of four of the factions/races have psykers as their medical class. (Chaos and Eldar)

- The other two have direct, close proximity required primary heal and a AOE secondary grenade heal. (Loyalists and Orkz)

- Introduce, (supported by lore) two direct apothecary equivalents for the Chaos & Eldar.

- Then introduce the Librarian and Weirdboy.

- Restrict Warlock, Sorcerer, Librarian and Weirdboyz to be a advanced class earned through the advancements/progressing through the medical tree of each respective faction.
    • - (IE: A rank 5 apothecary would then become a veteran apothecary and also unlock the Librarian class, the question would be: "Then wouldn't thus make the apothecary absolete?" - That is the point, sure in the lore, the apothecary and the Librarian serve two separate roles. But in the functional capacity of this game, the psyker librarian far suprasses the apothecary in the same role. And is a purposeful upgrade - a clear benefit of progressing in the game and rightfully so. Superior content denoted through progressing in the game and being rewarded with superior classes, weapons, objects, etc.)
    - Then the advanced class would have it's own rank. Rank 10 would be the veteran of the advanced class.

- This way there would be no need for the loyalist and orkz' psykers respectively to be limited and be restricted "elites"; no need for a Librarian or Weirdboy to be rare as opposed to the free to choose and open to be at any time psykers of the chaos or eldar such as the Warlocks or Sorcerers.

Addendum:
    This is also useful for incorporating "advanced specialties" for other classes.

Dark Angels, 1st Company, Deathwing, Brother-Epistolary of the Librarium.
    Fortress Monastery - Angelicasta
  2. Tremor BlackGoo Subordinate

JUST NO.

The Doc and Apo healing just #!@+?

The MAIN Reason not playing orks anymore.

And now you want to make chaos and eldar !##@! too ?

NO THANKS !
    Fiesty_Won likes this.
  3. Viking Vking Arkhona Vanguard

Librarian and most likely the weirboyz will be a elite class in the future.
  4. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

Eldar have no medics...
    Whitefox550 likes this.
  5. Judasilfarion Silfarion Drill Abbott

And the only Chaos apothecary you'll ever see on the battlefield is that Fabulous Bill guy
    kharnzor and Volla like this.
  6. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

Another "I have no idea what asymetrical balance is, but THEY got some stuff, which I want and I don't want to play THEM, so give the stuff to ME!" thread.
  7. Xio Valency Xi0 Preacher

Another want want want thread from a LSM:rolleyes:, just give me your bolt and grav weapons for fair balance

Also the Warlock is the Eldars medic, suprising from a highly psychic race:cool:
    Even our medi packs need a little warp magic
  8. TGM Jencent Arch-Cardinal

Eldars have nothing!

And Chaos to.
  9. Fiesty_Won Fiesty_Won First Blood!

I am scared to say this is a terrible idea......because then it might get implemented.

[​IMG]

Vote asymmetrical balance! It is the only thing making this game unique.
    Mongobeef and Whitefox550 like this.
  10. Volla Volla Member

I'm going to need a moment to regain my composure.
    PrincessSkyheart and kharnzor like this.