Background Image

Maybe Not Superiour... But Close

Discussion in 'Fan Art, Cosplay, & Fiction' started by ZceeNook, Jun 29, 2014.

?

Is Cake Heresy?

1. By the Golden throne ! HERESY!

42.1%
  2. Nope.

35.2%
  3. This is Stupid.

22.6%
  1. Maensith Subordinate

Rokdakgut-rippa likes this.
  2. Geisto Geisto Cardinal

muh bolter
    Rokdakgut-rippa likes this.
  3. oigit
  4. Phaeron Zcee Nook ZceeNook Well-Known Member

upload_2017-5-25_23-5-49.png
    Its a work in pogress...
  5. Lootmasta Kaptin_Pokkets Arkhona Vanguard

Looking good man, can't wait to see the finished product.
    ZceeNook likes this.
  6. Very Nice. An artful window to the rebellion during the war in heaven when we did, eventually, have to face Aza'gorod in combat. This picture is nice in that it is a much more godly vision of the Nightbringer, much closer to what he likely was at his height than the fragments he is now. I especially like the fallen souls clinging to our embattled Overlord, as many forget that the Nightbringer is also the master of the dead, not just its harbinger. Perhaps they are the fallen Necrontyr, either during the war or during transference? The trails left by the warscythe also are a nice touch. He is a proper godly size, and so is his scythe. Here Kaelis Ra really comes into his own as a Star God, with his skin being a perfect celestial texture, and his robe of souls is quite befitting one of the reapers stature whilst still at a distance appearing as celestial as one would expect from a star god. My only criticism is the sun, or is it a moon? It looks rather cartoony. The rest also has appearance of a rough draft, but as you said that is because it is one. Keep up the good work. Thankfully it wasn't this guy. Not only would it inflame my ardent hatred for him, it is physically impossible to fit the proper amount of smugness he has for his dickish behaviors on the face of a canvass.
    [​IMG]
    Look at it. Look at his smug face. See how it mocks you even now.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    He got a War in Heaven re imagining once, but it was no where near as nice.
    upload_2017-5-25_18-13-42.jpeg
    Defiance, ZceeNook and Maensith like this.
  7. Maensith Subordinate

Very cool indeed! Could you, someday, portray the Nightbringer battling Khaine?
  8. Phaeron Zcee Nook ZceeNook Well-Known Member

Someday maybe.
    Well... I asume I am the right Artist to try.
    upload_2017-5-26_0-32-21.png

Still a WIP
    The-Mad-Magos, Xanxas and Maensith like this.
  9. Very nice. Its a subtle improvement to the moon/sun/planet thing, but I still like it. The new details on the Overlord and his chariot are well done, but make the details on the warscythe are hard to see now. It looks better, so whether you want to leave it like that our define it under the glow, either way it should still look great. Looking forwards to more.
    ZceeNook likes this.