Background Image

Mark of Tzeentch Sorcerer

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by Sarise, Feb 25, 2017.

1. What about the movement speed for Nurgle Havocs? Even slower or just keep them at normal havoc speed?
  2. Aceryl Aceryl Menial

I thought of this "new" approach to the mark of tzeentch.

You know that invulnerable saves are more relevant to high dmg high pen weapons. for the rest there's the armor. But since here they didnt execute invulnerable saves.... I mean Iron halos in TT are 4+ Inv saves, which got translated in game to Armor and toughness bonus.

So Mark of tzeentch is a better invulnerable save, which got translated into...less health....and better armor regen? Lost in translation much?

What IF, and this could be very very interesting, Mark of tzeentch acted like this:

Whenever you are about to lose your armor, that HIT no matter what it is, will only drop the remainder of your armor, not allowing dmg to carry over. for instance, if you have 25 armor left, and take a bolter shot, you would get 25dmg period, then the following dmg would be delivered normally, to your feebled 85% hp.

This would be interesting as it would make tzeentch, even though feebled with less hp, have a fail safe against big shots. So no OHK, but, against massive fire, the mark would be almost irrelevant, like most Invulnerable saves, they are there for THAT one save.

Would it be unfair that you coulnd't OHK a tzeentch with armor? Aside road kill
    Would it be interesting to see it implemented?

I would find this interesting specially for sorcerers. You would still be squishy against bolter fire....
    But against power attacks and such, it would be as if you still had 100+ armor.

thoughts
    NinjaPlays, Krayt and DrDooManiC like this.
  3. Rathael Rathael Arkhona Vanguard

i did think about it...

Normal speed seems fine. It's not like speed gives them a huge advantage or something. I mean the stamina regen as it is doesn't seem to affect havoc gameplay much now anyway.

Also I imagine nurgle guys to be exceptionally strong even by marine standards, in terms of carrying heavy equipment. I mean death guard have true grit and nurgle seems to always be about the "slow and purposeful". It's not a long stretch of the imagination to think that a nurgle havoc is particularly good at walking around with a giant heavy weapon.

Basically, for streamline purposes, all nurgle marked players get lowered to havoc acceleration and deceleration.
  4. Kilrane Kilrane Moderator

Nurgle I don't know why they didn't make it the inverse of the shieldbro. Get a modest Toughness/armor boost for the effect and the more times damage is done to you (not take) the more Toughness you accrue alongside a movement debuff.

MoT is pretty unimpressive. I don't know about the jinx idea but I think it'd be cool to have a sunrifle effect happen on enemies' screens when they have the Marked Aspirant on screen as well as give the Aspirant the ability to have the knowledge of enemy positions in the form of showing unseen enemies on the radar in a certain area of effect around the Sorcerer.
  5. I posted basically the same idea somewhere else, but the effect kicking in whenever you would recive the killing blow. Against Bolter, Melta and Chainsword, pretty useless. But no 1HKO that would instadown you.
    But honestly, i like the armor idea more, and it would be more balanced :)
  6. Aceryl Aceryl Menial

Yeah this isn't a "cheat death", but it's more of a dmg breaker that triggers on the last hit of your armor.
    That way you could benefit all classes no matter armor value. And still be squishy on your health.

But i'd say not beeing OHK would me interesting, as well as eating one full hit on that last armor point would also be interesting.

For example, on AS specifically with standard armor of 25....you can't even take 1 bolter shot.
    This would balance things a bit for the mark. at least imo
  7. Totally agree. It's on the one hand really powerfull (Survive a direkt Cannon-Deffgun eg.) but on the other hand totally useless (Bolter, Melta, Poison etc) Something the Lord of Change would approve a lot
    NinjaPlays likes this.
  8. Aceryl Aceryl Menial

that would also make extremely valuable on the armor regen delay decrease.

Would be a most interesting mechanic. no doubt.

"1 armor, no problem, i eat that kannon with a mouthful"
  9. Phalaris of Akragas Phalaris Nickname Change

Sorry to be a downer but how does that help the T(A)S? 95% of the time you die because you get shot by a bolter or other similar high rate of fire weapons.
    So one shot doesn't do much so what's da point? Nothing will change TTK wise.