Background Image

Mark of khorne, the total and urgent rebalance it needs

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by Anwynn, Apr 21, 2017.

1. To me, the mark should have a real and proper impact on the player and the way he/she plays. in the lore khornates berzerkers are just the worst thing you can possibly engage melee with. it should be this way in the game. so far it feels more like you just struggle to remain alive long enough to chop down two or three ennemies to miserly fill up a quarter of your health bar before an ally shoots you down because he was trying to hit the ennemy you were duelling with for the past 40 seconds. in terms of gameplay for a melee class, taking risks should be more rewarding and satisfying.

As the 120 hours of game i have so far is by playing Khonrate berzerker most of the time, i would like you devs to seriously consider the following:

-player can only play as assault traitor or raptor, no bitching with coward ranged weapons.
    -no health regen from boltgun/grenade damage, no bitching with coward ranged weapons!
    -the sceal of khorne (veteran upgrade) armor increase value is translated and added to HP value to a total of +80HP
    -lifesteal is now 40% of damage dealt on the ennemy HP (no hp gain from damaging armor/shield)
    -damage intake reduced by 20% from all ranged weapons, and by 10% from all melee weapon
    -==>FULL HEAL ON EXECUTION<==
    -melee damage now affects vehicles, dealing 25% of base damage, regardless of the weapon. power fist keeps its own individual stats. no HP regen from vehicle damage
    -still no change of equipement points.
    -still no heal form sorcerers and warp cristals.
    -player that have the Mark of Khorne, within the command range of the squad leader equipped with the Icon of Rage increases the buff of 2% melee damage by player (stacks to a maximum of 20%) because its about time to reward teamplay other than giving 2 xp every minute.

Bonus:
    -more complete order system for traitor (ans basically all melee class) squad command
    -scathing quote when ally sorecers attempt to heal player.
    -beheading animation for excutions, skull throne aint gonna skull itself.
    -brutal guttural war shout when holding the taunt key. death metal style.
    -Sceal of Khorne unlocks proper khornate player model, not only for elite class: additionnal playermodel for assault traitor with a few custom parts. classic red and brass color pattern, plus the typical rune-shaped helmet, and a fucking whole lot of spikes on the armour.

because showing off with last tier upgrade is a thing. even without your pimp-ass veteran.

pelase devs. take this in consideration, or not, just do something about the mark of khorne.

Attached Files:

Kaptin_Pokkets likes this.
  2. Deathwish Deathwish Subordinate

I feel like you already posted this earlier this week, verbatim.
  3. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

What about the Heavy Bolter that requires the Mark of Khorne to use? Would you have that be removed?

Only idea listed that I could get behind is health on execution. Would make executions worth the risk.

Also, I should point out, the Mark of Khorne doesn't automatically mean someone is a Berserker.
  4. I like MoK with Teeth of Khorne. Yeah MoK could be better and other effects, but it already got buffed at lifesteal.

Also following Khorne doesnt mean you are only melee. There are heavy weapon squads for Khorne
    Aislinn, Whitefox550 and XavierLight like this.
  5. Lootmasta Kaptin_Pokkets Arkhona Vanguard

They're right @Anwynn being a Khorne worshipper doesn't mean that ranged weapons aren't allowed. There are plenty of instances where the armies of Khorne (whether mortal or daemon) have used heavy weapons and artillery in battle. While close combat is preferred, so long as the blood flows Khorne is satisfied.

Also I seriously don't see why being a Khorne worshipper would mean your chainsword could bite through Predator armor. So I say no to that, get yourself a meltabomb like tabletop Berzerkers. And while it would be cool to see the standard Berzerker colors applied, I'd only do that for the Veteran. For your standard Chaos Marine, I honestly would prefer that it apply a "blood spatter" effect on your marine, so that it looks like you've been chopping people up and blasting them at short range getting blood and flesh spattered over your armor.
  6. Currently playing any melee class, except some specific weapons:

[​IMG]
    Aislinn and Kaptin_Pokkets like this.
  7. Lootmasta Kaptin_Pokkets Arkhona Vanguard

Second favorite scene of that movie. Did you know that's an actual master swordsman, and they were supposed to have an epic whip vs. sword fight? Funny that when they decided to cut it out and just shoot him, the guy made a scene of taking like 10 minutes to die lol.
    Aislinn and XavierLight like this.
  8. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

Heard a couple of different versions of that. Like the scene was the last of day and everyone was tired, so Harrison Ford just shot the guy. Another was that Harrison Ford had diarrhoea and needed to go, shot the guy and ran to the loo, while crew thought it was a funny scene.
  9. Lootmasta Kaptin_Pokkets Arkhona Vanguard

I got my info from the director, he did a commentary on it on TV at a later point. That's how I know the guy made a huge scene, he was PISSED that he was hired for something really cool and then they just cut it out at the last minute.
    XavierLight likes this.
  10. Whitefox550 Whitefox550 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Fifteen Fangs represent!