Background Image

Mancatcher?

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by Avlaen, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Avlaen Avlaen Arkhona Vanguard

Does the stun work on raptors short dash + attack using space bar?

for some reason i can only do the sprint attack 50/50 when using a light when sprinting.
  2. Khornatian Khornatian Steam Early Access

http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/manatcher-and-sprint-attack-guide.65039/

Tap melee button lightly while sprinting to initiate Sprint Attack, hold melee attack even slightly too long and you will initiate a normal attack. Evade Attack and Sprint Attack are not the same, even if they have the same animation. Sprint Attack can counter d-bashes and has higher impact, Evade Attack has neither of these properties.

To make it clear: The raptor's attack after dash is an Evade Attack, not a Sprint Attack.
  3. Chewdakka Regz First Blood!

Melee needs some work....
    Deathwish likes this.
  4. Avlaen Avlaen Arkhona Vanguard

i tap it as lightly as i can and its still only a 50/50 for me, i cant do it reliably at all. So i guess this weapons not very good for me ;(
  5. TheIronTyrant TheIronTyrant Arkhona Vanguard

I've done some testing with a friend who owns the Mancatcher and even when successfully hitting me with a Sprint attack I've never once gotten stunned. I'm not really sure what the deal is.
  6. Aceryl Aceryl Menial

I managed one stun one time.
    But tbh, it was so short that it could easely be missed, or lost in lagslation.
    It surely does not last long enough that you'd notice on the heaviest of lags.

The stun seems to last the same as a normal hit stagger, except you can't roll. For all other purposes seems the same as a regular hit in the face.
  7. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

its just added impact being applied to the dash attack.
    Stagger doesn't always mean a stun it's more like hit animation recovery speed.

8. Aceryl Aceryl Menial

I thought impact was how durability dmg got calculated.
    Although man catcher says stun specifically i think?

And when that happened i saw the stun "woozy" thing on top of my target's head.
  9. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

TBH i'm not even sure what's right anymore , they keep changing things , no one keeps a change log around so we can see the current factual rules for melee .
    Going through old patch notes is horrid the way it's set up on steam and kinda useless if you can't be sure the base rules you do know even exist anymore .. so it's all just finger touching in the dark for me atm

The source of that info is from mid 2016 orso , so it could very well be all different now.
    Its come to the point where i quit using impact mods because i'm not even sure they do anything anymore tbh.
    Currently it just seems to be axe beats sword and mace beats all except fist. or something really simple

And they will be changing the melee system soon again.. and prob wont put up a proper list of current melee rules .. again..Sigh..

[​IMG]
    Aceryl likes this.