Background Image

Making The Starship Meaningful

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jericho, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Rossco Rossco Curator

in most the space marine books i read there is a lot of time spent in the training cages either with the machines or sparing against fellow Astartes, having a combat training room with multiple training cages would be great for players to socialize and test each others metal
  2. Khyzer Khyzer Prefectus

Definitely loving this idea, of an Astartes Strike Cruiser (and factional equivalents) for Player Guilds. Strike Forces I guess they are being called? Either way, being able to conscripting (abuducting/enslaving depending faction) local populations into populating your ships. Through xp or certain unlocks, being able to upgrade personal on the ship, via relationships with the Mechanicus for improved Armories/Apothecarions/Turbo-Lasers/etc, or how about a relationship with the Navigator Houses to acquire new and stronger Navigators which could unlock the ability to find new battlegrounds, new worlds, abandoned space stations, space hulks!

I like the idea of a council room with a holographic map in the center with auditorium seating surrounding it for briefing on upcoming missions. Flight decks, where everyone loads into drop pods or thunderhawks preparing for an upcoming deployment. Training cages or firing ranges to test new weapons or fighting styles. Halls of Heroes to depict the past achievements of the Guild. The option to navigate around the ship in either Armor or in Chapter Robes etc. The ability to shuttle over to other Player ships in Ornate Armor for meetings or alliance opportunities. SO many options lol.
  3. hmm i wonder how much one could customize the layout/insides of there ship?
    Like could you make your ships inner layout completely different then say your friends soo no two ships interior is the same?
    bossaroo likes this.

4. Nice bit of flavour, but not all that compelling. Devs should focus on functional customization. But a Reliquary (trophy room type) is a must.
  5. Khyzer Khyzer Prefectus

I doubt they would go into that much detail, if you remember house building in Star Wars Galaxies.... omg that shit was nuts in the detail you could do. NO two houses were the same in that game lol. But I could forsee Chapter Specific addons being available to the multiple spaces around the ship
  6. DroppMan Active Member

A bridge with large view windows.
    A cargo space where tanks your group has payed for await transport to the planet
    A Hangar for your aircraft
    NPC crafters/visiting rogue traders to help trade or purchase

Smaller marine craft like frigates only have a few marines on them, the rest of the crew is human. A human bridge crew to interact with.

upgradable modules. Maybe you start out having to take a shuttle down, then you get a drop pod, now your drop pod has an automated storm bolter....etc.
  7. Bossaroo bossaroo Well-Known Member

I would love to customize the inside of my krooza and come down in a rok and have grots as the crew doing their grot things
  8. Runihura Runihura Subordinate

I want to be some crazy psychic enchantment for our spaceships as well. Like daemon possession for chaos space marines.
  9. Demetri Dominov Demetri_Dominov Arkhona Vanguard

10. The thing is it needs to be meaningful, not just a space for you to stand around in.

Crafting, Combat Training and Customization should occur here and some other small features which help make the world seem dynamic and alive.