Background Image

Making The Starship Meaningful

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jericho, Oct 17, 2013.

1. I absolutely love the idea of a starship!!! I just hope it won't be just like the equivalent SWTOR ship given to you after a certain level.
  2. Hahaha! Made my day! :D Have a like!!
  3. Jericho Jericho Forum Beta Tester

Navigator ?
  4. Revenlear Revenlear Subordinate

Good idea, I could very well imagine him sitting around somewhere, whispering nonsense (I really hope I didn't switch it with Astropaths again). But some other ambient things, like a crew, blinking and beeping stuff etc, just to make the Cruiser feel "alive" and make it a real recreational place. Nothing is as good as coming home from the dark and bloody battlefield and meet up with your fellow brothers and exchange about the happenings of today before performing your daily prayers (aka "logging off")
    HAXTC, Nicolas Brunoni and krage like this.
  5. i would like to see aiming challanges which get harder and harder and combat servitors

so everyone can train thair fighting abilitys!
  6. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

and who win gain a marksman's honor!
  7. Krage Krage Prefectus

Ah thats a good one too, It would be nice to have some NPCs taking care of the joint doing their daily tasks to add to the ambiance and make it feel more alive to include your fellow Strikeforce members. I remember reading an article from Blizzard about the feedback they got about Dalaran when they were asking why so many people liked it, and one of the biggest reasons were the ambient PCs doing their routes making the city feel more alive than any other city in the game at the time.
  8. I'd also love some customization - purchased with resources/requisition. Maybe you decide you want your Strike Cruiser is best used for orbital bombardmen - so you invest A BUTT LOAD of resources into Bombardment Batteries, which allow you to order orbital strikes more often and/or to greater effect.

Maybe your SF focuses on mechanized warfare and lightening strikes - so you invest in larger vehicle bays (to stockpile more tanks) or the ability to deploy more forces in a single drop pod assault (Steel Rain, baby).

Lots of options here.
  9. SuperWeeGee SuperWeeGee Subordinate

Do all races get a starship equivalent? It would be amazing to run around on a Krooza, and how orky you could make your bits in there! Not to mention you could ride down onto the battlefield in a Rok, all wihile shouting WAAAAAAAAGH!
    bossaroo likes this.

10. I would imagine, yes. It would be highly unfair if only SM/CSM got ships. I'd imagine Ork will get a Krooza.