Background Image

Making Eldar A Playable Faction Is A Terrible Idea

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Specter, May 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think of eldar to dark eldar is like different nations of current earth.
    They dont like each other, fight alot, then eventually join back together and fight with each other.
    Then go back to fighting each other
    Vintage likes this.
  2. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

yes but they fight against tyranids.. there is no much choise for survive.
    in 7th edition eldar and dark eldar are battle brothers.
    but lucly Tau and empire are no more "friends"
  3. XRuinX XRuinX Preacher

I see them more like loyalist and traitor marines. Everything was fine and dandy until some a-holes (chaos/dark eldar) decided to get greedy and now their respective races are broken and crumbling.

Eldar and Dark Eldar should never ally. A cease fire at the most but never help each other, even if its for their own benefit. I feel like both would die just to see the other die as well.
    Sledgecrushr likes this.
  4. Waldorf Waldorf Active Member

What are you even talking about Mon-keigh? If people want to be educated on a race/lore they can go read a codex on that race or look at http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page#.U4MDl_mSyzU or http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_40k_Wiki .

I don't think anyone is going to play this game to learn about WH40k or its races. EC is being made up to include most of the major races to cater to the majority of fans of 40k and getting them to play together on one platform.

Also the game will be territory based like PS2 so I doubt one Eldar/Ork/SM/CSM will go anywhere by themselves to an opposing territory because they wont be able to capture the territory by themselves or survive by themselves.

By the sounds of things EC isn't your game.
  5. Kappa Kappa Prefectus

Gr8 b8 m8 I'd r8 it 8/8 no h8
    Solid effort OP!
    Vintage and Galen like this.
  6. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

this thread needs to be purged....destroyer squads are on the way...
    Sledgecrushr, Whiskey and Grimdreg like this.
  7. I know this is just a bait, but still, dumbest thing I've ever heard.
  8. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

on a more serius note this isnt a TT/40K/army simulator this is supposed to be game and in games there will always be lone-wolves/trolls/people that use "clever usage of game mechanics" that will be immersion breaking so calm your tits and deal with it...
    Waldorf likes this.
  9. Thats me, unless my guild wants me to help them with a siege or something
  10. Whiskey Whiskey Subordinate

Will you stop already? I get you want attention but for the first two pages every other post was you threatening people. Just shut your mouth, report if needs be, shut up if not. You are seriously just baiting people, a form of trolling if you will. If YOU keep it up I will report you. Now hush.

As to the OP, it is a bit hard to take your point of view seriously, I understand what you are saying and can respect your opinion but the Devs have stated repeatedly that they will stay as close to the lore as possible, but there will have to be exceptions. This is one of them. I guess you will either have to like it or lump it, but Orcs and Eldar are announced as playable.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.