Background Image

Making Defense Feel Impactful/rewarding

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rasako, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Just imagine a freaking drop pod falling through the atmosphere, blanketed in flame, crashing into the middle of a fort unloading a strike team of Sternguard who then start letting rounds fly then another drop pod and so on, and so on. That would be epic. Then a venerable drop and terminators warping in, nobs , Chaos lords, Wraithlords........ Epic.
  2. AlphaLegion Active Member

yeah i see this problem all the time. they are using the German blitzkrieg tactic and you cant really stop it but what may help if the devs put walls around the stronghold and you have to remember the weaponry in this time period. lascannons will be able to wipe out about 3 people if they are in a row i presume and they can wipe out tanks and if all the walls are fortified well enough you would be able to probably set up some sort of mortars to hit them from behind you wall. and if the defenders are really smart, depending of the faction that they are, they could actually send out a strike team from far off in stormbirds or thunderhawks implying that they are SM or CSM, and they can cause tremendous amounts of havoc. see the defense would only as good as the commander allows, you would need someone smart and lets be honest if you are defending against overwhelming odds im sure that the enemy would be cocky and be their own downfall. and i would enjoy to see the devs allow you to set traps, like say fox holes trenches ect. and once the enemy passes by you can strike from behind. in all honesty as i said before its down to the commander and everyone of the squad leaders bc you can counter a strike on scales like these but it will be a challenge
  3. AlphaLegion Active Member

yeah the enemy will have to be really smart against void shields if they are applied but the attacking commanders experience will be shown on how they will deal with it. some problems would be once you get close it will be a kill box for anything around that area, and the defending commander exploiting their weakness. so i think it will be how each commander does (expecting that the squads do as told)
  4. Etherion Etherion Subordinate

Personally, I'd go for concentrated max range bombardment. Those shields can only take so much.
  5. AlphaLegion Active Member

True, but whats to stop a flight of Thunderhawks to wipe them out if they dont pay attention, and the defenders would have artillery of their own if they are smart.
  6. Etherion Etherion Subordinate

I highly doubt that they will include Thunderhawks, considering I've heard they don't want Titans.
  7. AlphaLegion Active Member

that's the main Air transport or the SMs so that would be kinda shitty if you don't get to use the them, hopefully you get Arial battle
  8. Etherion Etherion Subordinate

Thunderhawks are the giant ships that transport tanks and things. Marines get something else that I can't remember as the basic transport.
  9. AlphaLegion Active Member

Valkyries i believe, but thunderhawks are used for attacking as well, they are multi-purposed air vehicals.
  10. Etherion Etherion Subordinate

Yes they are, but they are very large, and very powerful compared to other races flyers.