Background Image

LSM Squad Leader discussion

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by Forj, Jan 11, 2017.

1. I'm not sure you guys would be interested in using discord, but If you are, I wouldn't mind join to improve communication.
    There is one I have that I am willing for you all to use if you wish: https://discord.gg/Cx75bFn

It is set to never expire, so don't worry about it need to be updated
    Forj likes this.
  2. Forgrim Forj Battle-Skald

Thanks for the offer, but I think the 3 Discord servers I'm on for EC is enough :D. The LSM one is linked from http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/space-marine-faction-discord-server.59774/
    Xalius_Kaas likes this.
  3. Fangz Fangz Confessor

Most of the time the problem is you can't have experienced players as squad leads.
    In my experience most leads don't even give orders.
    When that happens inter-squad coordination is nonexistent and everyone just flocks to a point to earn some score, or into enemy points like god damn Khornate Berserkers.

Then there's the problem with people not giving a damn about orders.

If there's not enough guilds with chat usually games end real bad. No tactics and no order followers.
    Forj likes this.
  4. Newpoint Recruit

Squadies need to be able to request orders from the squad leader and if the leader doesn't give an order they are replaced by the one requesting the order, like BF1 recently implemented.
    Forj likes this.
  5. A similar discussion came about in the Eldar section - http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/question-about-eldar-community.62648/

To quote myself from that thread -
    The same can be applied for all factions, things go better when you've got each others backs.

I try to help out in the same way when I play any of the Factions not just Eldar. It's not entirely altruistic to be honest, if we win I get more XP so I want to win!

LSM having that high pop can have a tough time without someone trying to heard cats as it were. You just need to be willing take the mantle of "co-coordinator" on yourself. It's a thankless task most of the time mind you.

You don't have to be squad lead to lead the squad, it helps if you have the ping power and can set waypoints sure but solid advice, a plan and a willingness to try and pull everyone together is more important.
    Forj likes this.
  6. Valrak Valrak Arch Cardinal Superior

Simple solution, voice comms. When they come it will be easier to communicate and give direction, typing is horrid.
  7. Octave Octave First Blood!

Yeah, just what we need. Not just to read the salt and trolling like some dark age savages but to hear it!!

Hmm, so good.
    Newpoint likes this.
  8. Fangz Fangz Confessor

But voice does make a difference.
    It greatly reduces reaction time and increase command accuracy.
    If we guild party we voice com 90% of the time, and just 4 people on voice makes the game feel a lot smoother and less frustrating.
    You get people on your back shooting at ambushes. You get 4 classes working together taking out transports fast.
    You get 40k memes flying around, along with bolt rounds.
    It's pretty much why I still play EC.
    ArchKnightHough and Forj like this.
  9. Havoc ComradeHavoc Well-Known Member

ATM the lsm faction is only held together by roving guilds, solo champions, and the other 75% who aim worse than guardsmen.
    Slird and Fangz like this.
  10. starfox Menial

I would be happy if Squad Leaders at least did something useful. Generally, as a PuG this is what I see:

Squad Leaders marks a point, and neither the squad leader nor anyone else but two people go anywhere near it. This is especially annoying when I join mid game and am trying to figure out where to be. All the little cyan makers are near "A", but "C" is marked with not a single squad mate to be seen.

Squad Leaders who literally makes forming up impossible. This happens the most with JPA. They are "squad leaders" but spend the whole game literally avoiding any contact with their squad. As soon as you get to their area, they jump somewhere else for those precious kills, and no "buff" for me. I understand why they might want to do that (although I have seen Squad Leaders avoid their squadies :p) but if you can't play in a way that fits in with being "squad" leader, promote someone who can to the position.

My personal favorite however, is this:

Squad is at A, so is rest of team. Chat goes like this:

"Why are you idiots attacking A - attack C"

If I listen, and go to C (thus breaking orders) I always end up at C alone, without help with very little sign of this enlightened brother who thinks C is the priority.

If I fail to listen, and stay with my squad, I'm apparently an idiot newb who needs to l2p.

I don't play the other factions much (occasionally Eldar), so I have to wonder, is this common everywhere, is it just LSM, am I doing something horribly wrong?
    Forj likes this.