Background Image

LSM Squad Leader discussion

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by Forj, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Dawnblade LeonFaurent Arkhona Vanguard

I've almost never had an issue getting my squad to do what they are suppose to be doing. I'm a very active squad leader and love doing it.
    Alistairs and Forj like this.
  2. Mikhail Chiasso Lord_Chiasson Arkhona Vanguard

Im up to be a squad leader. I really like this idea, I would like to get this in front of the eyes of new players also, think it would get their team play off to a good start. I actually find myself being one of the only people trying to communicate and coordinate with the entire team. Asking if we have AV up, reminding to call out vehicles, etc. Its hard to get your entire squad to listen sometimes, but if more then half go you can usually accomplish your goals.
    Forj likes this.
  3. PurpleHaze PrplHze Steam Early Access

Have a lot of success leading games when your in the pre-match countdown, where you can have everyone's Attn, and can give the over-all goal to the plan.

Even had a game the other day, LSM was able to run the match with Chaos and only allow them the 1 Capture we let them have. Otherwise, on-point and listened super well. Still hyped about it. What makes EC good.
    Katzu_HSM and Forj like this.
  4. BigShootah Gorgutz67000 Steam Early Access

1) V-3-1 Brothers RALLY TO ME !

2) Midd mouse button - Attack THIS POINT BROTHERS
  5. I will always lead! (NOTLOYAL (LSM), Zathral (CSM), Tach'mar (other CSM), Magic Zathral (Eldar cheese))
  6. Taenus Taenus New Member

Hey I am down to lead squads whenever I can. Usually if I see a squad lead not marking points I let them know to mark it out as it gives a sense of direction and focus for the squad.
  7. Mainfold Mainfold Preacher

Decided to give playing LSM a go again after long abandoning them since Wolf Priests got boltguns..

Squad leading LSM is like herding a bunch of cats that are really bad at doing obvious things. Time to return to only xenos & chaos.
    Zarbustibal likes this.
  8. JackleLantern Recruit

I find that it really depends on whether 2-3 other people in your squad will follow along.

Played a few matches today against eldar, and got SL 3 times in a row (I think I got recognized after the first match). My squad was honestly amazing. I had a few GA, Heavies, and tacs that were super receptive and were fantastic to play with. One or two solo guild members, but for the most part super receptive pugs and I loved them to bits.

So long as you have more points than them, the PuGs listen (which is funny, because I too am a pug. Don’t tell them. Shush).

I honestly found inter-squad communication to be much more difficult. I would ask the other squads which point they were holding, no answer. I tried to tell them where to go (my squad was being very effective at holding points on their own and didn’t need the extra bodies, so I told ‘em to go away), or more accurately to get away from my squad. Our squad seemed to be the only one being effective at all, so the pugs just clumped up around us.

Once, after telling the other squads to go cap, we eventually decided to leave the point to them (communicated as much) to go recap. We got the cap and immediately the other squads went to recap the other point we had lost. Eldar got time on the clock and we ended up just holding our point again, but with more time to go.

Another time, they actually listened and pushed, but never seemed to be able to do anything. We started making progress too late when three of us started to push with the PuGs.

It seems to me you need 1) to ensure that people merge BEFORE the game starts, and have at least 2 decent squad leaders to communicate over the open channel to ensure good full battlefield awareness.

Also, I found that being active as the SL meant that a lot of people joined our squad (10 in ours, 6 in the next, 3, and 1 in the other because there’s always that one dude). While this is good because it made us effective, it also meant that there was an obvious point for the eldar to push against (wherever things were less ordered due to no squad cohesion).

Has anyone had any success in getting other squads to merge and coordinate? Having the leader tag and a decent point spread usually gets you the PUGS attention in your own squad, but no one cares outside of it.

Thoughts?
  9. Lucius Vinicius JojoKasei Arkhona Vanguard

Indeed, listening pugs can happen and are usually amazing. I once coordinated an entire match full of pugs, even before the time of voicechat, and it worked out because every squad did as it was supposed to. Even merging and splitting on command. Considering the usual state of pugs, this was probably the most amazing game I've ever played.
    Once-in-a-lifetime thing, though.
  10. Early this morning, I had a pug that listened to me ... me ... ME!

It was the Zedek map, I believe, where the three points are connected by metal bridges in a horseshoe. (LSM vs CSM)

I was defaulted to a squad leader, and the three squads were an even 5 each. I usually go in as a "lone wolf", but decided to keep the standard this time around.
    I said, "We're heading to B, to break their line", and when the game began two squads went to B. The other went to C.
    We capped and fought of the CSM that came scurrying in. I ordered the capture of A, and we capped and fought of any CSM that came.
    When a recapture started, we smoked them quickly.

All in all, it was a solid sweep of the game. We took all three caps at the start, and had no trouble in defending since CSM was absolute crap.

I giggled the whole time. Not only did the pug listen to me, but they grouped up to defend the caps. Fastest game I ever had.